2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have noticed on a cold day, say temperature below 13 degrees or so, when I do over a speed hump and down the other side the front suspension makes a noise, not a clank but more of a damper noise.

If its a warm day then no noise at all, anyone else got anything similar?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the same problem (not a tourer by the way). I hear it only on the leftside. Damper is fine, springs are fine. My local garage sprayed some lubricant on some joints/rubbers (to specific for my English, sorry) and the sound was almost gone and came back after a week or so. Sounds to me like dried rubber
Next month my car is going in fo maintenance. Then they will check it out more thorough. I will give an update.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,394 Posts
You could be bouncing the front aerodynamic wings hanging down just in front of tyres on the road surface. My mk9 does this if I'm a bit enthusiastic coming down out of the works car park which at first surprised me as my mk8 never had this problem. It even does it backing out of my mothers driveway when the front wheel drops off the pavement to the road unless I go really really slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts