2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Honda Civic Tourer.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm posting this thread maybe it might help other people out.

Was pretty simple to fit it's a small upgrade, There are plenty of videos on YouTube it shouldn't take no longer than 30minutes to an hour if just plodding along and taking your time.

First thing I did was disconnected the negative from the Car battery placing the negative terminal under a rag or something not touching the body or frame, disconnected the MAF sensor on the air box. There is one nut to unscrew on the air box and 2 locating lugs the air box pulls out of. I also took off the tube from the throttle body and air box.

How I got the old bushings out use a screw driver and pry them out gently they do come out very easily.

I recently picked up my Tourer a few months ago in September/ I absolutely love the car and will intend to do more modes including lowering springs rear anti roll bar rolling roa re mapping ect ect the list goes on, I also think the end of the bottom air box hose does absolutely nothing and I am going to relocate it.

Anyway back onto the topic :I Shouldn't see why not these bushings will fit Civic Tourer from 2014 - 2017

More compatible vehicles below.
COMPATIBLE VEHICLES
  • 2015-2016 Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
  • 2017+ Honda Civic Sport (All 6MT)
  • 2017+ Honda Civic Si (FC1/FC3)
  • 2017+ Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Below are some photos of mine /

my car is currently on a 120k miles still drives like new I got it with full dealership service history. You can clearly see from the photos the bushes are quite worn out.

The cost of the bushes are at 拢70 most people would say its not worth it or maybe its a placebo effect who knows I am happy.

Hopefully helps out others. Cheers 馃憤馃憤

Attachments

Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
I have just ordered these and the shifter base bushes for my Fn2, looking forward to see how they compare.

Registered
Honda Civic Tourer.
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have just ordered these and the shifter base bushes for my Fn2, looking forward to see how they compare.
Nice one let us know how you get on, At the time of ordering the cable bushes I didn't realise I could get the shifter base bushes I'll be doing those next once I get them ordered. 馃榾 馃憣

Registered
Honda Civic Tourer.
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've been thinking i need this on mine - was waiting for black friday to see if anyone was doing discounts - dream automotive had discounts on just about everything APART from these.. d'oh. might have to be something for the list if i get a bonus at christmas..
Dream Automotive do them at 拢62.30 at the moment as a black Friday deal, unfortunately I got them a few days out thinking they weren't going to reduce such a small upgrade. 馃ぃ馃ぃ but then they did.

Nice one 馃憤馃憤

Registered
Honda Civic MK9 2015 Facelift 1.6 I-DTEC
Noob question, what do these do and what is it for? What are the benefits of replacing/swapping the oem?

thanks,
John

Registered
Honda Civic Tourer.
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Noob question, what do these do and what is it for? What are the benefits of replacing/swapping the oem?

thanks,
John
No question is a silly question : there is a saying don't ask don't get. 馃槉

For me I feel like the gear changes are smoother but it could be a placebo affect 馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煠封嶁檪锔

They probably work better with the "gear shifter" bushes combined what I plan on doing next

These bushes are harder than oem bushes there for making it easier to engage in gear changes.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts