2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I haved searched the forum and my english isnt the greatetst. Some text and terms are difficult for me to understand. So I am glad if someone can help me.

I have a Civic Type r 2008 and want to connect my Galaxy Nexus (Samsung phone with 3.5 jacket) to my car stereo. But I read this in the wiki:
If you have a MY 06 through 08 car, it does not.

Question 1: What is MY in the sentence above?

I cant find any AUX anywhere in the car (have even looked in the armchair).

Question 2: I read there is a AUX to use in the back of the stereo?

Question 3: What is the best way for me to listen to Spotify in my car stereo using my mobile? (Of course I would like to see song titles in the stereo, but its not a must.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi "MY" means model year .. This is the year your car was made.. If your car was made 2008 onwards it will have an AUX input inside the centre armrest.. I'm not sure if they have a standard AUX input in the back of the stereo but I'm sure somebody will be along soon with the answer .. Sorry I couldn't help more...

And your English is very good... Much better than my Swedish

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Write in english is one thing. Its reading others. ;-)

There is no visible AUX in the car. I have really checked everywhere.
I can take some photos if its needed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just found this on Wiki

From model year 2009 the Civics have an Aux in feature.

In the arm rest there is a 12V socket, an Aux In socket and on higher spec cars also a USB socket.

This is what my 2010 model has

Still trying to work out if you have anything on the back of the head unit (radio)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok ... Think iv got an answer for you ...

Search this thread "Can not find the AUX port on my civic ex 2007"

Sorry haven't linked it .. It looks like you don't have the input but the above thread should help you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Syvee: I will read that post!

Do I have a EX or ES? This isnt so easy to know. Altough I had my car for a couple years now. ;-)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
In Sweden - like Norway, I believe the EX \ ES categories don't exist ...

I have an "Executive" (virtually identical to an EX) - has the built-in SatNav, HFT, Panoramic Roof, etc. ...

The alternative is the "Sport", which has none of the above 'extras', but is otherwise the same ...

·
9,228 Posts
So, what do you guys think I should order? The Dension 300 or xcarlink? Or better?
The Dension 300 - it's the most versatile - and get the Honda Y-cable (can-bus cable) as well - not strictly necessary, but leaves an easily accessible Aux-In for future use, and gives a bit more flexibility as to where \ how the unit is installed ...

That's what I did - and I think it's great - iThing and USB and 3.5mm inputs ...

USB cable comes with the kit - iThing and 3.5mm cables are extras ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hm. There are some different versions of Dension wich seems to have changed name to Gateway?
Which one fits my car?

·
9,228 Posts
Hm. There are some different versions of Dension wich seems to have changed name to Gateway? Which one fits my car?
It's actually the Dension Gateway 300 - check out "IPODKITDIRECT", where you will find the Model you need - ignore the 'not for SatNav versions' warning - it works just fine (many folk in here have it) ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will try to explain my needs:

First, when this is released I will buy one car dock (not mount):

Here you can put in cables for USB and AUX.
Pogo pins on phone automatically puts phone in car mode. If it doesnt, its easy to control with NFC-stickers. Music and

I already have prepared with usb-charger (see pic) the cable goes behind.
And now I need to get that cable to AUX!

What I wants to happen is that when I dock my Galaxy Nexus:
1. Its being charged.
2. It automatically change stereo to AUX. (I really would like to use controls on steering wheel for changing songs)
3. I drive happy listen to Spotify or my songs in Google Music.

Attachments

·
9,228 Posts
I will try to explain my needs:

First, when this is released I will buy one car dock (not mount):
Genuine Samsung Galaxy Nexus Vehicle Dock - ECS-K1F2BEGSTD - YouTube

Here you can put in cables for USB and AUX.
Pogo pins on phone automatically puts phone in car mode. If it doesnt, its easy to control with NFC-stickers. Music and

I already have prepared with usb-charger (see pic) the cable goes behind.
And now I need to get that cable to AUX!

What I wants to happen is that when I dock my Galaxy Nexus:
1. Its being charged.
2. It automatically change stereo to AUX. (I really would like to use controls on steering wheel for changing songs)
3. I drive happy listen to Spotify or my songs in Google Music.
That should work fine, if you connect the docking station to the Dension unit via USB - i.e. charging and playing ...

And yes, stereo to Aux happens when connected, and the steering wheel buttons allow you to change tracks up or down (but you can't see the tracks \ artist on the screen) ...

The guys to talk to are [Bog] (Pete) and [MrBozo] (Steve) - they are the in-car electronics "go to guys", as far as I'm concerned - drop them both a PM ...

·
9,228 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The USB cable will charge my phone. Im using a passive car holder today, and need to put the usbcable in my phone everytime. Thats frustrating!

With pogopins, I will only need to dock my phone in the car holder.

Music goes from 3.5mm jacket from the car holder to AUX in my precious little Honda.

·
9,228 Posts
The USB cable will charge my phone. I'm using a passive car holder today, and need to put the USB cable in my phone everytime. Thats frustrating! With pogopins, I will only need to dock my phone in the car holder. Music goes from 3.5mm jacket from the car holder to AUX in my precious little Honda.
Have you considered an "active" cradle from Brodit ? ...

Is there a way to see artist/tracks on the screen?
Nope - no matter which aftermarket Aux-In you get ! ...

·
9,228 Posts
No, I want the one in the video. Brodit dont use pogopins. I dont want to put cables in my phone all the time.
No loose cables with an 'active' cradle - just "plug'n'play"

I have one for my Galaxy Tab

1 - 20 of 22 Posts