Premium Member
823 Posts
Mine came in this kit

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mine came in this kit

I'll need to try get that surround on it's own somehow. That's pretty much the kit i got but was grey, and the company said all they do is grey. Waste of time.

thanks dude! Should help me get one that fits :)

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
can you not trim down some plastic off that surround, do you have a belt sander and a vice to clamp the sander upside down so the belt faces upwards to act like a linisher and then you can push the surround down on to the sander with both hands to get it sitting flat and take some off that way

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is exactly what I've been after (without buying one) but no one i know has one, which is annoying.
someone mentioned laser cutting it, but that would prob cost and arm and a leg!
Also i'd prob sand off my finger somehow or bodge it up. TBH the surround as you can see looks awfully cheap.
I'll look online tomorrow again for that part. Off to bed now.
Thanks heaps for the help :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is exactly what I've been after (without buying one) but no one i know has one, which is annoying.
someone mentioned laser cutting it, but that would prob cost and arm and a leg!
Also i'd prob sand off my finger somehow or bodge it up. TBH the surround as you can see looks awfully cheap.
I'll look online tomorrow again for that part. Off to bed now.
Thanks heaps for the help :)
I had a similar issue.

I ended up mounting my stereo slightly forward and used the standard Pioneer surround.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Here's my fitment

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Looks good @Commander2874 ; really nice!

I’m still struggling to get one that fits. Issue ordering online is the time to wait and then having to send back.

Can’t believe how cheap and flimsy is the one that came with my unit, awful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I was thinking of purchasing a new sound system and headunit but how would I control the top screen if I get an aftermarket headunit,
For example when you start the car a warning message comes up on the top screen and I click the centre button in the oem system to make it go away. This keeps the screen on, otherwise it turns off if u don't press anything for about a minute.
Then when I adjust fan speed and where the fan blows air to, it shows on the top screen, but with an aftermarket unit I wouldn't be able to see my fan speed and where the fan is blowing because the screen will be off as I cant press 'OK' on the warning message that comes up when u start the ignition.

Is this an issue for you guys or am I being stupid? (I haven't purchased the system yet, just wondering what you guys have done to combat this issue, or do u just live with it?)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts