2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening.

Noob to this forum, had various Type Rs and VTIs in the past.

I just bought a 2009 CTR with a mere 92k miles on the clock, spent a bit more than I'd hoped but seems with current craziness people wanting to avoid public transport, prices have gone up and it's hard to get a good one with history without a bit of a premium. This one seems clean though, engine and gearbox strong. Vendor currently giving a full oil/filters serv and replacing front discs and pads.

It's currently going to be my daily driver for a a few months but when I get a new company car later int he summer, I'm keeping it for track and fast road use.

A friend suggested FRS alignment and camber bolts(?), with eibach springs was a pretty cheap option to really improve the chassis without spending a fortune.

Can anyone suggest a place to get done, in South East, UK. I'm in Cambridgeshire. He did it at APB Tech Cheshire, but that's a bit of a trek,

The tyres are chap and miss-matched, would also appreciate tyre advice? I've just come from a 3 series and I had Mich Pilot Sport 4S and they were bad-ass in any condition wet or try, even sleet and snow. So was planning to stick with those unless anyone has any better suggestions.

Can't wait to get back behind the wheel of a VTEC! :D

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect. Costco have a great daal on PS4 (£80 off for 4) but they've sold out. Blackcricle have £40 off, but only for PS4 not S. Thanks for response!

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
Alternative to PS4 are the Goodyear F1 AS5, bit cheaper and good reviews.
I have GY AS3 on mine that have performed well and at 18k miles so far with 4mm left all round after one f to r swap.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Another shout here for the Goodyears. I've got the AS3's on both the FN2 & the FK2 and performance and wear is great on both cars.
Afraid I can't recommend anywhere nearby for the FRS but will say I have always taken my cars to ABP Motorsport in Crewe (since having the FRS done there 11 years ago!) and they do really know their stuff and take great care of your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Goodyear Efficient grip runflats, best tires I ever owned and giving fantastic mileage and performance on my FN2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts