2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new to a Type r always wanted one and now i have one, i've got idle issues when i bought this car few weeks ago all seamed well its a 2007 90k Nighthawk black 19" Rage alloys so looks sweet
After using it few times when warm the tick over/idle wasnt smooth and the rev needle would fluctuate, so i changed the plugs New Denso Ik22 went in no different!! :-/
Ok checked all vacuum hoses no leaks or splits checked air box and filter no issues had new air as had recent service?
Searched again on forums found that TB could be gunked up so took it off nothing to see as its all sealed so gave it a little clean anyway with carb cleaner and fitted it back on :)

Now for reason of the post switched car on started and EML is on and car revs are erratic and wont rev past 5k rpm :-D
So i thought about this and swore a couple of times lol and remembered on some of the other posts i been reading pull the battery lead of and wait for 30 mins ecu resets so thats what i did
30 mins later battery lead back on EML gone off but car when warm is 1200rpm on tick over, so i take it for a drive see whats going on.. car feels very kangaroo y on low rpm's, vtec kicks in , but when i let of accelerator pedal the car feels weird and when i put clutch in car revs up and down from 1200 - 3000 rpms?

Any ideas please have i done something wrong? or do i need to do something else?
This is the first real petrol car for around 10 years since my WRX more of a diesel guy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Before recalibrating you have to reset the ECU using original HDS. Otherwise standard relearning procedure will not help.

But before that make sure you dont have air leaks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before recalibrating you have to reset the ECU using original HDS. Otherwise standard relearning procedure will not help.

But before that make sure you dont have air leaks.
does the pcv valve affect the idle of the car in any way? Mine does not idle at all when warm and stalls by it’s self😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts