2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What car would you prefer: pros/cons...
Which is faster (acceleration: 0-100km/h / 0-60 mph)?
2007 Honda Civic Type R+ (250hp/200nm)

OR

2004 Audi A3 V6 3.2 Quattro (250hp/380nm)

·
Premium Member
5,290 Posts
Test drive both and decide which YOU PREFER. Thats the most important bit.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
^

You don't get vtec in an audi so they are very different in terms of power delivery. The Quattro would be a 5.6 second car? Wins the speed test but it's not all about the 0-60 times when comparing cars...

I'd have the audi TT over the A3/S3 tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
As above they're are two very different cars. Even in terms of interior quality but if I was gonna get an audi of that sort I'd get a tt after being in my brothers courtesy tt which was great

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I almost bought an a3 3.2 v6 recently (54 plate)

The mpg is around 18mpg all the time
Tax is >£400

Servicing is ridiculous i had to pull out!

·
D and A said i did it
450 Posts
When i bought the R i was looking for an s3/gti/st etc etc and after a while i realised the R was much more sensible purchase for the money! When i say sensible i mean in the loosest possible term!

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
I'm 22 so would never buy a german car untill 50+ and also the audi would have higher running costs. The type looks better but the audi have better interior quality. it is also older and wouldnt feel as "new". Then we dont know the price for them (wouldnt change my mind anyways). Thats MY thoughts :)

And also, comparing 0-100 sounds a bit "young", its how it feels thats important. Test drive them

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
The Quattro would be a 5.6 second car?
Yeah but so is the FN2 with 250bhp ;)

The FN2 will be a lot better on fuel/tax, more fun on track, lighter and better looking.

The Audi will be a nicer daily driver, better in the wet/snow, more tunable for less money and better build quality.

2007 Honda Civic Type R+ (250hp/200nm)

OR

2004 Audi A3 V6 3.2 Quattro (250hp/380nm)
An FN2 with 250bhp will be about 240nm at 5k ish :)

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
I wonder what you'd get out of a 3.2 if you put a cheeky turbo on it :3 make your modified fn2 look like a little put put :p

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Not if you put a Turbo on my put put ;) The Audi would put it down a lot better though to be fair.

Both will do 1000bhp with enough money spent. But who the **** wants 1000bhp in a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
True. I'm only pulling your chain. Our cars are fast enough for the roads as they are now. Any more and you'll be wheel spinning your way to work lol

Reactions: Revs FN2

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Two completely different driving experiences. One is a fine cruising mobile but the other loves to be driven hard. FN2 is cheaper to run by far but the Audi has a much better quality interior and plusher ride.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts