2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got round to a giving th e Civic a protection detail last month this time wearing Wolfs Body Wrap.

Not many pre cleaning photos this time as she wasnt that dirty, it was a hot day and my garage sits in full sun all day, so I had to move quick!

The Process

Wheels clean with gloss it wheel cleaner 1:4
wheels removed & arches, suspension and brakes clean with Megs super degresser1:4 and tardis

Wheels clean again with Gloss it, Iron-x & Tardis
Tyre scrubed with Megs Super degreaser 1:4

Car Foamed with APC
washed 2 bucket method with shampoo plus
Shuts cleaned 1:4 with Megs APC
lower spayed with Tardis and wiped then repeated with Iron x

Engine bay wiped down with APC as this had been cleaned earlier last month and dressed with 303

Car moved inside for claying (very little contamination) and another rinse and dried with PB luxury drying towel and Black Baron
Taped up and enhanced by rotary with Menzerna Super finish 85RE to remove faint swirls

Wiped down twice with IPA
3 coats of Wolfs Nano body wrap, 4hrs between first 2 and overnight for 3rd (3rd coat totally unnecessary and caused problems with spitting and residue was a pain to remove)
Shuts protected with Werkstat Prime strong
Glass protected with G1
Trim dressed with Werstat Acrylic

Arches & suspension dressed with 303aerospace
Exhaust & wheel nuts polished with Megs metal polish and sealed with blackfires AMS
Wheels and brakes sealed with Werkstat prime strong & 2 coats of Blackfires AMS
Tyres dressed with 2 coats gloss-it signature tyre gloss

Interior vacuumed and quick wiped down as this was clean, glass cleaned with swissvax Crystal

Interior mats wet vaced and protected with 303 fabric guard

total time another 20+hrs

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Great work! Looks new :)

Reactions: paranoid73

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
what dedication!!!! very admirable indeed

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
thats a through job matey, and well worth it... just don't drive it now lol;)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
That looks immense - i've not heard of wolf's body wrap before - Do you use this instead of wax then? How durable is the coat?

Excellent work :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
That is gorgeous! Great work

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks immense - i've not heard of wolf's body wrap before - Do you use this instead of wax then? How durable is the coat?

Excellent work :cool:
Thanks
Wolfs Body Wrap is a sealant and a replacement for wax, better suited to light coloured paint, but will work on all colours.
Will give around 6 months plus protection before you need to top and ideally needs to be maintained with Wolfs Nano shampoo & QD to maintain the hydrophobic coating

Wolf's Chemicals Car Care & Detailing Products

Looks great! I've seen the same pictures on Detailing World too ;)

Did you paint your car's front and rear brake calipers? :D
Thanks, painted with a silver/grey calliper paint from ebay

Looks SWEET!!
Picture with the close-up of the rear splitter and exhaust is amazing, it looks like the stones are getting on your splitter.
thanks, seems to be a constant problem with tiny stones get flicked up from behind. You'd think being so anal i would have remembered to remove them before the photo!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Great job, nice looking alloys too! ;-)

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome mate, was thinking of going nano instead of the usual wax but not sure if i'd gain anything extra. Great work though mate:D
Try it, more durability, reflection, depth and flake pop, The Werkstat Acrylic is also very good and easy to use.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts