2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have 2015 Type Sport for daily drive, and recently bought 2007 FN2 in Deep Bronze Pearl color for weekends and track use.
Its mechanically great, but paint is not so good because it was parked in the center of the city whole his life and have a lot of dents and big stretches. So right now car is in the shop for whole car repainting and it will be like new :)
Car has 40k km on the clock, engine like new.
I feel 3rd gear synchro when Im changing from 2nd to 3rd, but its working ok for now :) Probably will change it when I open transmission to install LSD.

For now I just changed few small stuff, like:
- Key cover
- Gear noob and leather gaiter
- Red honda emblem on the grill changed because it had few dots, and added TypeR emblem

Changed oil, motul 300v 5w40 :)

Engine detailed, before and after pictures bellow.

Detailing equipment is getting delivered...

Dynoed stock car, two graphs, bhp and whp, for comparison later.

Plans for the future:
- New uhp tires
- Lightweight wheels, probably oz alleggerita, in 17" size for agility and weight reduction
- Eibach pro springs (1.5cm) and camber kit for fast road setup
- LSD
- 3/4th synchro
- ds2500 pads
- brake hoses
- dba discs
- flash pro
- some decent cai (because its joy car, will not be driven on wet)
- tegiwa exhaust manifold
- custom made exhaust

After that, will see how my buddy and I fitted together, and will work on mods based on this feeling :)

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo: and well done finding a low km car.

The detailed engine bay looks great

Will be keeping an eye on how this car develops...

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
Keep up the good work mate it looks very good so far. :wink3:
Welcome to the club from the sunny south coast. :smile3:

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,282 Posts
Welcome, nice future plans :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one question about a gearbox, because in next two weeks Im planing to order LSD and to change synchro.
In my case, sometimes when Im changing from 2nd to 3rd, its not going smooth into 3rd, and I read somewhere that this is common problem with early FN2s. But I was looking on tegiwa import website, and only I see is 3rd/4th synchro, no 2nd/3rd. Am I missing something? What I need to order exactly?

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Welcome on board and lovely looking FN2

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one question about a gearbox, because in next two weeks Im planing to order LSD and to change synchro.
In my case, sometimes when Im changing from 2nd to 3rd, its not going smooth into 3rd, and I read somewhere that this is common problem with early FN2s. But I was looking on tegiwa import website, and only I see is 3rd/4th synchro, no 2nd/3rd. Am I missing something? What I need to order exactly?
If your problem is only when putting in the 3rd than you need 3rd/4th synchro set.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Small update:

Decided to repaint whole car, changing slightly color of the car from Deep Bronze Pearl to Nighthawk black. Car is now in the shop and painting is in progress :)
Every panel had some scratch, dent, **** etc, and my OCD did not tolerate that.

Also, got some used 18" Ultraleggera wheels in white, with almost new GY Performance Grip tires. Measured them, they are (wheel + tyre) 17kg, which is 5kg per wheel difference then stock wheels. This is around 20kg in reduce of unsprung mass. Color of the wheels may change, need to see how it will look on my car.

Next upgrade will be probably brakes, then transmission (LSD / synchro set), and after that some coilovers, intake/exhaust stuff with flashpro.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Welcome mate to the Forum ! Nice looking FN2 and the detailing looks first class, as showroom condition ! .

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Nice alloys. Impressive that you are having a respray too. The car will look very different, very quickly.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,282 Posts
Nearly got mine in bronze but seller wanted too much, in the right light they look amazing but every other time it's like a nhb that's dirty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Some updates to the car and some new plans :)

Installed:
- DBA T3 front disks
- Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- Hell braided lines
- ATE Typ200 oil for brakes and clutch cylinders
Car brakes a lot better. But because car will be supercharged this winter (tts supersport kit), I will need better brakes. So I found Evo 8 brembo 4pot calipers with 320mm disks and pads, and will do transaction this week. This should be enough for 350bhp on track :D

Bought also:
- MFactory LSD
- Fidanza flywheel (3,6kg)
- Japspeed decat exaust manifold

Because taking the gearbox down is time and money costly, thinking about upgrading the clutch at the same time and maybe 3/4synchro because my car is '07 and has sometimes the problem from 2. to 3. when you shift slowly.

Which clutch you are recommending to me for supercharged 350-300 bhp?
I found this one: http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=58
But not sure this is the best option (value/money).

Handling wise, I got and mounted eibach 1.5mm springs and camber bolts. Done Fast Road alignment because I tracked this car two times.

Ultra Racing Upper Strut Brace.

Got brand new Yokahama Advan Neova AD08R :p

Also, Flashpro is here, with groupe N map, a little bit tweaked by myself :)

Visual wise:
- Mugen seeker spoiler
- Mugen front grille (carbon)
- Wind deflectors
- New oem TypeR floor mats (got car with black ugly ones)

Few pictures:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts