2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I had an excellent day at the Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedford yesterday. It was a mazda Challenge event where you were invited to drive the Mazda RX8 PZ 260bhp, Mazda 6 MPS 4 wheel drive 260bhp, MX5 and mazda 3 Sport AND the Mazda 6 Sport driven by racing driver off the clock (140mph+) on speed bowl. Took part in ABS, EBD & ESP demonstrations. Well worth the long trip down.

Where is this leading you ask? Why is this not in other non Civic chat?

Well the answer is simple.................. saw a nice red & also a silver Type R out all morning on the test track being driven at steady high speeds by test drivers. They really look good in the flesh.................. oh and I also passed them a couple of times in the Mazda RX8 and 6 Sport.............. only 'cos they were on lane 4 at time and I was on lane 5.

Cheers

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Nice, bet that was good :D done the hands off the wheel at 100mp in lane 5 myself, what a weird feeling that is.

Did you get any pics...not while on the move of course.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, bet that was good :D done the hands off the wheel at 100mp in lane 5 myself, what a weird feeling that is.

Did you get any pics...not while on the move of course.
No pictures as I didn't want to breach their strict 'no photos' policy for obvious security reasons. There were a good few different makes of cars being tested with the obligatory taped up or false dummy panel sections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts