2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls,

This is my second post about a potential problem with my lovely Civic Type S GT.

My car alarm keeps sounding, mostly at night, after locking the vehicle. It's very inconsistent, as it could happen a minute or so after locking it, or happen an hour or so after.

What puzzles me, is that only really plays up at night, whilst it's raining, which makes me think that something is setting it off, rather than there being an immediate fault.

It hasn't played up much since buying the car, other than tonight, where it's gone off about 20 times. Again, it seems to be very inconsistent, making me think that it could just be extremely sensitive to the adverse weather at the moment. I've stuck electrical tape over the sensors inside the car, which so far has stopped the alarm from going off.

So I ask the question, will heavy rain or vibrations from the road set the alarm off, or could there be some sort of fault with mine?
Is there a way to deactivate the alarm all together?

Thanks,

James

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I have once or twice forgot to unlock it while washing and the power washer on the roof has set off the alarm.. that said I also had mate who had similar issue on another car and turned out was folks setting it off so he would kill it so they could break in....

Reactions: Synysterjmz

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, my drive way is completely flat, although, I've noticed that when I lock the car, the indicators don't always flash like they should do- or it'll do it a few times after locking, with about 5/6 minutes apart. It's a strange one!

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, my indicators aren't flashing at all now when I lock the doors and the alarm isn't going off when I lock myself in the car and start jumping around/ open door from inside or using the key.
What the hell??? Three electrical problems with the **** car already and I haven't even received the log book from the DVLA yet! - Thought these cars were supposed to be reliable. ='(

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
mm your unlucky , my money its the siren at fault they have batteries in them when low it sets off the alarm (randomly)you can't change them honda will quote around the £600(rip off) the system is a cobra 3868 2-1 ,go direct to cobra the whole system is approx £200 or breakers yard £75.

if it gets to annoying unplug the siren also check the bonnet switch just to rule out its faulty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Could be completely wrong, but in my Celica sometimes leaving shiny objects in the car can set the alarm off.

Seems like light reflects off them or something and the car thinks there's someone inside.

All I know is that it never goes off when I leave everything stored away!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read that it could be the bonnet switch, which would correspond with the lights not coming on when the car is being locked/unlocked. Anybody agree? Anybody know where I can get a replacement, without going to Honda?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts