2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently purchased a Civic type s gt privately, and it's a great car all around. A few days of driving the car i've picked up a few little bugs, one being the pan roof blind.

I'm led to believe on this forum that it is common issues and although there are numerous threads on the blind, I can't find one explaining what the actual fix is, many just leave it to the main dealers.

The front and rear blind close as they should, but when you open it to let the sky light in, the rear one opens fully, the front one opens but when it gets to 2/3's of the way, it gets stuck, i can literally flick it with my finger and it will open fully. It then opens fine but does same thing when opening. I've played around with it and i worked out when you press the button to open the blind, hold it so it does it automatically and stop lets say half way, and then try pushing the blind back with your hand it won't go back because it's set there manually, but when i do it automatically it gets stuck at the same spot and i try adjusting manually and it does it with ease.

Any suggestions guys? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Common fault.

Mine was the same.

As it was opening, if it didn't move I'd quickly tap it gently and it opened no problem.

Said to be a combination of wear of the sliders and the grease.

If I remember, relatively big job to do 'properly'. May have to bear with.

Al.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts