2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I recently purchased an 05 2.0 Civic Type-S 5dr. I've tried looking online for remap options but haven't been able to come up with anything. Are there any possibilities for getting more power out of the engine without serious modifications? I was hoping for 20-30bhp.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
If I am not mistaken this is for the last model of Civic and it had the 2ltr Vtec engine?

A remap/chip on a petrol engine will struggle to give you 10bhp I think!

This is a forum aimed at the new model of civic so I am not 100% sure but that is my 2c anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I have an 08 plate and a friend who retunes cars for a living told me not to bother as it's ubertuned at factory.....

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 08 plate and a friend who retunes cars for a living told me not to bother as it's ubertuned at factory.....
Although if I'm not mistaken, your Type S is a 1.8 where as I have the previous shape which is a 2.0 litre. I was hoping it would be a little closer to the 200bhp of the type-r instead of 160bhp.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Although if I'm not mistaken, your Type S is a 1.8 where as I have the previous shape which is a 2.0 litre. I was hoping it would be a little closer to the 200bhp of the type-r instead of 160bhp.
Hi yes the preveous model type s if memery serves me has a detuned type r engine in a way. I think most of the air intakes for the type r you could get to fit the type s as I think the intake set up is the same.
Anyway back to your remap part. Coming off the accord forum try looking up XO Power tuning and maybe drop them an e-mail they do not list the civic type s on there site but I know a few of the guys have had there accord type s remaped by them. Drop them a line and see what they say, All I can think of to advise really.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts