2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here, I have been looking about for a few weeks and thought I would say hi.im from aberdeen Scotland, I have a 2008 civic type s gt ishift in alabaster silver panoramic roof etc. whomever bought the car new specified it with full cream leather interior. Wasn't sure at first but it grew on me I really like it now. Makes it unique.

The I shift gets a lot of bad press mostly from people that don't understand it. It's never going to be as smooth as a full auto in auto mode but its a semi auto so is meant to be driven manually. It drives great in manual and the flappy panel gearbox is very quick and responsive and heaps of fun. I really love it. Wish they did the type r with it.

I get around 34 mpg in town on average which for an 1.8 auto is pretty good.

First mods planned are colour coding type s trim (my dads a spray painter so no probs there) type s rear spoiler, however been considering a type r replica one for the mean time as I can get it painted free. Caliper paint not sure what to do was thinking black. Heko's, and sports grille, carbon fibre wrap of dash panels. Type s decals and badge for grille. Guess that will do for now. Will get pics soon as the car needs a good wash after winter. Just picked it up in nov.

Anyway from what I've seen the cars here look great and a great place for advice.

Thanks to all and happy new year

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
welcome mate nice choice of mods cant wait for the pics :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks, ye will get some pics of interior ASAP. Was in honda aberdeen with it few weeks ago and head mechanic says he never had one in with that interior before. Not for everyone but I like it. Maybe others on here.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Welcome! I'll keep an eye out for you on the roads up here! :)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 26 Posts