2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we are all biased, but even after nearly 6 years our Civic's still look good!

A new Focus Ghia was parked next to my (very dirty) Civic and the Focus looked so boring in comparison... kind of made me proud lol

photo (1).jpg

I'm sure the new Focus is a very good car, but visually... it's just like a fat Fiesta :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
OK, we are all biased, but even after nearly 6 years our Civic's still look good!

A new Focus Ghia was parked next to my (very dirty) Civic and the Focus looked so boring in comparison... kind of made me proud lol

View attachment 53450

I'm sure the new Focus is a very good car, but visually... it's just like a fat Fiesta :popcorn2:
Have to say matey your Civ looks pretty good from that angle ;)

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
I would choose Honda over Ford any day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
The focus is worse than the old model, the only other equivalent car that has come up to honda styling are the new renaults.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
The focus is worse than the old model, the only other equivalent car that has come up to honda styling are the new renaults.
and they are French :worms:

I quite like the look of the new Focus - not a patch on the Civic but miles better that the previous model :popcorn2:

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Got to agree with what has been posted here. Focus looks dull and considering the Fiesta looks good you would have thought they would have brought a bit more style to the new car. Be interesting to see if the performance models look any better with some aggressive styling when released. The Civic is still one of the best looking cars on the market.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I have to agree that the new Focus does look boring against a Civic. But as has been mentioned, the only cars really competing with the Civic are renault ( but they are french).

Nothing wrong with the fiesta though :p ( looks as good as the Civic in my opinion ;) )

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm not a fan of the new Focus, it's dull. I would take my Civic over that any day. The Civic's still look fresh and a lot better looking than the new Focus IMO.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The new Focus is high on my list to replace the Civic. It looks OK and is far more advanced. If you haven't test drove one of these then do, far far better than the Civic.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I had a new Focus hire car in Germany a few weeks ago. Sorry guys, it may look a bit dull but it is superior in most other aspects. :worms:

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
I wonder if the new focus parked itself?.......

I was intrigued by the advert which claims that the car has self parking, anyone had the pleasure of experiencing this? would you trust your car to park itself?

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
I don't have sound but it seemed to take a very long time to park, I think I would be nervous about the day the sensors miss a tow bar or something like that and the car gets damaged.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I think many cars will be offering this sort of technology in the near future. Over the top for me and I'm also not sure I would trust it. It's only semi-automatic, you still have to apply the brakes and presumably change gear.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
You can also get a 'Driver Assistance Pack' which includes 'Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Aid, Driver Alert, Auto High Beam, Traffic Sign Recognition, Low Speed Safety System (Active City Stop) and Blind Spot Information System'

This is the future people, soon cars will be driving themselves, the new 2012 civic may have a fag lighter if your lucky :worms:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Park assist is a great idea except for the fact that you need to find a gap approx 1.5m longer than the one you want to park in for it to work (from VW's info a few years back when I worked for them and it was just being launched). Anyone who can't park in a gap 1.5m longer than their car, shouldnt be driving imho.

The rest of the driver assistance aids are all readily available on a lot of cars and its just whether Honda see the need to offer them on the smaller car such as the civic rather than just Accord/CR-V. tbh, again imho, alot of them are helpful, but gimicks all the same.

Auto high beam, cos its such an effort to turn high beam on and off???
Lane departure warning, for those of you used to driving a BMW which has no indicators??
Traffic sign recognition??~ I have that in all the cars I drive, I call them 'eyes'
Blind spot information system??? same as above but I call mine 'mirrors'

1 - 20 of 62 Posts