2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weeks Auto Express magazine tests the new Focus 2.o Zetec against the Peugeot 308,Nissan Qashqai 2.0 and Civic 1.8 ES. The Civic still holds first place against the others.
Why do motoring magazines have such different opinions on the Civic? I guess its the personal opinion of each journalist. However unlike the members of this forum they have the oportunity to drive many and varied cars and so a good write up like this shows that we civicians really are driving a good car!!![smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin:;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Maybe because it's a car with attitude. Some like it and other don't.
I like it! :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
ye but the Civic has such a radical shape though, must be like the marmite syndrome. Not everybody can like something

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Marmite and the Civic?

I think you've got it in one there Guitaralmond.

.....I like it!

......actually I like them both!

"A man on a date wonders if he will get lucky.
The woman already knows!"

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
What's all this Ford Focus v rivals business ?

I think it's more the Civic v 'the rivals' - and we won :D

again

So JC can put that in his memoirs

·
Registered
50 Posts
And it's not even a fair test!
Focus Zetec versus Civic ES, why didn't they go for the EX or the R-Type ? Zetec is noramlly the higher spec on Fords isn't it ?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I nearly bought a new Focus but the thousands of wires in the heated front widscreen made it like driving behind net curtains. Add to this that all 2008 models apart from the most basic now have narrow sports seats with very hard very raised sides it becomes a poor option.

My new Civic has a clear windscreen and wide flat comfortable seats. Just no comparison.

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
And it's not even a fair test!
Focus Zetec versus Civic ES, why didn't they go for the EX or the R-Type ? Zetec is noramlly the higher spec on Fords isn't it ?

Zetec is mid spec on Fords. Also the two cars are £35 apart in price so I think it is a fair comparison.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts