2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Straight and in the Middle !

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
good job! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Looks good ,we wil have to get the sticker spoters out to see if u can find civics with them on like the radio does ;)
How hard wearing our the stickers will they stand up to pressure washing or a car wash or two. Are there any t shirts for sale or are u waiting for a few orders to come in first.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
They are like professionally applied decals that you see on the side of vans (or whatever). So if the car is clean, degreased and dry when you put them on - then they should stay on forever.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Forever, you say..... is that a guarantee, or purely an opinion.;)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
The black section at the top of the rear windscreen is also a nice place to put it. Edited title to make it reflect the thread better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The photo I saw you taking last night worked out pretty nice, I see!

How long before it's your avatar...?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Forever, you say..... is that a guarantee, or purely an opinion.;)
Looks like I spoke too soon.

10102006.jpg

And that is real, you can see the reflection of my wrist in the glass. Didn't even use a pressure washer, just my new Meguiars wash mitt, do you think I can sue?

But they do say bad luck comes in 3's. Realised I had locked myself out the house just as I needed to go and refill the watering can, had to wait 40 minutes for Mrs RR to come home. Lost my "V" and then just as I was putting my stuff back in the garage a Pterodactyl (sp?) **** on the roof of the car, I heard it, it was that big.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
RR, you are a doomed man. Another one in the post tomorrow. Maybe two. :)

It goes without saying that the surface you stick these on to should be entirely grease free (or indeed any wax or rain-x or other stuff you may have put on the car previously), and it would be best to use a proper de-greaser first (ether or trike or similar).

Not that I'm saying you didn't RR, just for others. We all know that on yours it'll be overspray.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
RR, you are a doomed man. Another one in the post tomorrow. Maybe two. :)

It goes without saying that the surface you stick these on to should be entirely grease free (or indeed any wax or rain-x or other stuff you may have put on the car previously), and it would be best to use a proper de-greaser first (ether or trike or similar).

Not that I'm saying you didn't RR, just for others. We all know that on yours it'll be overspray.
Told you the inside sticking ones are better ;)

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Good one, Pottsy. richierich, you don't seem to have much luck.:(

How easy will it be to get the old sticker off?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Came off in 2 minutes, might have to use some alcohol or something next time, only problem is I only have cleaners used for metal, not sure about the plastic. Perhaps I needed to do more than "clean" the window first using window cleaner, bloody rain-x, godamnit!

Can I perhaps purchase another.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
You don't need to purcase another, RR. Pottsy's going to send you one or two in the post.:) If he hadn't offered, I would have sent you mine. I still haven't got mine on yet but have got the dealer sticker off. Got my Rain-X ready as well!

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
The car looks naked without the sticker, got so used to seeing it on there.

Thanks for the offer of a replacement Pottsy, but you sure I can't pay you for it?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Here's mine. Perfectly straight of course, that's why I felt confident enough to take this picture straight behind the car. :wink:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts