2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I just had a random thought, i was thinking of getting a sticker of some sort for my car, then a idea came to mind of a CIVINFO Mascot lol

we would also need ideas and designs maybe the mods could do some sort of competition, gather everyones ideas and then a CIVINFO public Vote :D

What do people of the forum think?

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i was thinking a cartooned version of the type R which can be made in various colours, bit like lightning McQueen of cars lol with Civinfo decal or sumat,
no offence but i dont want a picture of Pottsy on my car lol jks

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
Gers is the man to make the mascot stickers :)

I think maybe pottsy should be asked if he'd like this done as he is the rights holder/site owner. I think it's a great idea though, maybe something like one of the cartoon style

Either that or some sort of anime type character

Sent via NecronomiPhon

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Disagree with the using the CTR or any of the cars as models - as it's not a CTR forum it's for all 8G (and now 9G) civics.
And Asimo is for all Hondas... surely?

Like the Kermit on a H idea - a bit of an inside nod to those that are members!

Wouldn't have thought Pottsy would have a problem as we're not using the Civinfo name anywhere but can't hurt to check.

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disagree with the using the CTR or any of the cars as models - as it's not a CTR forum it's for all 8G (and now 9G) civics
i get what u mean but i think a civic cartooned would be good, or something personal to the civic that makes it different as asimo reps Honda in general init

im sure gers would help with this but hell need a design to make the sticker
i think a mod needs to do the comp and vote thing

MODS where are you? lol

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
i was thinking a cartooned version of the type R which can be made in various colours, bit like lightning McQueen of cars lol with Civinfo decal or sumat,
no offence but i dont want a picture of Pottsy on my car lol jks
There is an FN2 in Disney Pixar's Cars 2 I believe.. could work!

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I like the more generic Honda specific type mascot as that will make it appear less cliquey and more appealing to people of all experience, age etc.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I'm pretty sure The Walk Disney Company would have an interest if we were to use Kermit the frog.

That said I agree a CTR should not be used as this is not a CTR.

However a number of proposals could be made and people could choose the one that suits them best.

I'm not too keen on a public vote, why should the whole forum have a vote when only a small number of people will purchase them?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I'm pretty sure The Walk Disney Company would have an interest if we were to use Kermit the frog.
Good point. Curmit, anyone? :lol:

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
why dont we create a complete new object/character and all it the Civinfo Mascot so were not illigally copyrighting pics etc?
for E.g a superhero

i dont like the idea of a superhero but just an example to be clear lol

just looked online, we could have a cartooned PC with a face on screen arms and legs with a civinfo numberplate as were a online forum
or a piston incorperating the civinfo somehow,

1 - 20 of 214 Posts