Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recent issues with blank pages and notification errors was due to an amendment to the newsletter plugin.

Q: Do you read the newsletter ?

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Resd? Hehe.. nope.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,312 Posts
I looked for it when I heard it existed, but failed to find it.
Elusive as the Civinfo Stickers USED! to be... Civ_Admin are pants. To be fair, looks as though they really don't give a toss for the site.

·
4,342 Posts
No has my vote. You are lucky as I don't usually read posts about the newsletter either.
Just as an aside. Is there ever any news? It seems that, by the sticker and file upload debacles, it is unlikely that there will be any news anyway.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Sorry folks. These newsletter polls got mass posted across a number of sites, otherwise I probably wouldn't have added it here on CivInfo (if it were up to me). I know that the newsletter plugin wasn't working caused a few mishaps with the wiki and a few other things so it's probably not the best time to be asking you folks for feedback on it. Apologies!

Cheers,

Erik

·
Super Moderator
21,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
!!! Confused !!!

"I" posted this poll to see whether we actually need a newsletter given that it's caused issues.

The voting so far, as expected, is either dump it or leave it alone if it's going to cause more issues.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I think the website as it stands has all the features and functionality it really needs if I am honest.

A true car club news letter would have things like meets (doesn't happen that often), civic related news articles, Honda accessories or Honda service letter releases (fix warranty issues) and all that kind of content. If that was the news letter, it may gather interest IMO. Maybe shot down by others on the forum, but that's my honest opinion.

:)

Reactions: nturnb

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I think the website as it stands has all the features and functionality it really needs if I am honest.

A true car club news letter would have things like meets (doesn't happen that often), civic related news articles, Honda accessories or Honda service letter releases (fix warranty issues) and all that kind of content. If that was the news letter, it may gather interest IMO. Maybe shot down by others on the forum, but that's my honest opinion.

<a href="http://www.civinfo.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" >:)</a>

Sounds like a plan?
But a club has an administration that actually administer and has an interest on what the members want.

Stickers , t-shirts , strippers! or even a tax disc holder is more likely and useless !

All I see happening is......

If someone posts something that’s against a member who’s in the “click” or something bang out of order there posts are edited or deleted. Which is fare enough.

That’s admin I guess.

There’s nothing been offered as a club.

Yes there’s a great wealth of knowledge and information on here that is fantastic and some great people.

That’s not a club as you say.

Yes most of us are or have been or going to be Honda owners.

if admi can’t even sort out something as basic as a sticker themselves.
How can they provide a “Club” or a “letter”

I expect this will be deleted or edited..
Oh well ?

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,312 Posts
Just like video killed the radio star?
Tune... 79 was a good year for music...... Blondie, Gary Newman and M etc.... Was just a wee nipper of a boy but 79 is the year I probably started taking music in..

Anyway, back to the subject in hand, Civ_Admin suck..... Don't want to Hijack the thread reminiscing of bygone eras :grin2:

Reactions: M8TJT

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,675 Posts
Tune... 79 was a good year for music...... Blondie, Gary Newman and M etc.... Was just a wee nipper of a boy but 79 is the year I probably started taking music in..

Anyway, back to the subject in hand, Civ_Admin suck..... Don't want to Hijack the thread reminiscing of bygone eras :grin2:

@Civ_Admin

1 - 20 of 40 Posts