2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, recently became a supporter...apologies for the delay in doing so!
Anyway, just been thinking where to put my sticker when it arrives? It looks good on the back of the car (where everybody puts them) but because everyone puts them there I'd like to put it somewhere else as I like to be different. I don't want it on paint and as I'm only getting one don't really want to put it on the side of the car...also like things to be symmetrical! I did think on the windscreen at the top in the middle where the glass is black (behind the rear view mirror) but don't know if the sticker is too thin and will look a bit daft. The only other place I can think is in the bottom corner of the windscreen but don't think it'll get noticed...want to wear it with pride but want it to look classy at the same time.
Any suggestions - with pic's if possible? Or do I just play it safe and put it on the back because everyone else has put it there for a reason...cos it s the best place!!
Cheers and I look forward to your thoughts...

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,396 Posts
Hi guys, recently became a supporter...apologies for the delay in doing so!
Anyway, just been thinking where to put my sticker when it arrives? It looks good on the back of the car (where everybody puts them) but because everyone puts them there I'd like to put it somewhere else as I like to be different. I don't want it on paint and as I'm only getting one don't really want to put it on the side of the car...also like things to be symmetrical! I did think on the windscreen at the top in the middle where the glass is black (behind the rear view mirror) but don't know if the sticker is too thin and will look a bit daft. The only other place I can think is in the bottom corner of the windscreen but don't think it'll get noticed...want to wear it with pride but want it to look classy at the same time.
Any suggestions - with pic's if possible? Or do I just play it safe and put it on the back because everyone else has put it there for a reason...cos it s the best place!!
Cheers and I look forward to your thoughts...
I think on the back is the most noticeable mate... If you put them on the side you'd need two...

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
I think the rear of the car is best for sticking it on, you won't be spotted with it being on the windscreen as the sticker is quite small

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,389 Posts
Whenever I see another Civic I naturally check the black strip at the back and 99.99% guess what :(

I never look anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
whenever i see a civic, i check it out as i'm approaching, then have a quick glance in my wing mirror to see if they have a sticker on the back! Even though you can't read it, you can still make it out if they have it in the usual place.

Your idea of having one on the front windscreen is good, though! Definitely a good place for a second sticker!

PS: be careful when placing it! I ended up getting 3 before i got it right! First time i stuck it on the paint, instead of the perspex, second time it wasn't quite straight :/

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,389 Posts
I found the trick is to draw a straight horizontal line on the backing paper to match the sticker. They were often sent out with the backing paper cut at a slight angle which made it impossible to avoid being wonky.

Last time I went OCD and measured and marked the centre of the sticker and centre of rear window.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,396 Posts
I found the trick is to draw a straight horizontal line on the backing paper to match the sticker. They were often sent out with the backing paper cut at a slight angle which made it impossible to avoid being wonky.

Last time I went OCD and measured and marked the centre of the sticker and centre of rear window.
I developed a serious case of tourettes trying to get mine on... Mrs T was disgusted ;)

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,389 Posts
:laugh:

My last 2 were wonky so this one was going to be straight.

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
99.99% I look at the stickers on the backs of various civics it says bassetts honda

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,389 Posts
I don't like dealer stickers on my cars. They used to put them inside the back window which used to come straight off.

The worst was some dealers who applied them to the paintwork so they wouldn't easily come off.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Yeah, not a fan of dealer stickers either, or dealer names on the reg plates for that matter (need to get that sorted).

So many civics around here at the moment it's difficult to keep track, but most aren't stickered...even most of the CTSs and CTRs!

There's an FN2 that parks in my work car park, it's stickered but I have a feeling it was from its previous owner.

Edit: Not to derail the thread, I reckon centre Perspex is the best place to put a first sticker :thumbsup:

Sent from the Death Star Disco Deck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts