2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

How much would you pay for a nice sticker?

• £10, I want Pottsy to be a millionaire at my expense

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I'm looking into this at the moment - could you all give me an idea what you would/wouldn't be looking for in a sticker (I like subtle and clean!)

Also - what about cost?

Cheers

BG.

[EDIT by Pottsy: total hijack (sorry bg) to add a poll option]

·
Registered
975 Posts
i dont mind design and i would pay a reasonable amount for one.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sco77harris said:
i dont mind design and i would pay a reasonable amount for one.
Don't mind the design? Great.

Reasonable amount? I say £50.

Here's the design..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Sorry, I even ask the dealerships NOT to put stickers on any of my windows especially the rear window, I like as much visibility as possible, stickers just annoy me - yes it's a good idea and apart from me everyone else will want them! :)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Normally I'd like the idea of having a sticker. Although with rear visibility as it is on the Civic maybe it's not such a good idea :D

Have you thought about adding Google Adsense to the site? Not sure offhand how it would integrate with phpBB, but many sites cover their hosting costs this way. It's also possible to give up your 9-5 by using the service :wink:

Maybe you could even add an e-commerce section with John Pease Honda supplying the goods and you taking a commission cut for all orders through the site?

Eventually, you could also include other Honda vehicle types (you could still keep it as CivInfo just have a few additional headings for FRV, CRV etc). I think this would then make it a viable long term option that could set you on your way to get a Legend each!

Sorry, I'm not your archetypal capitalist, but I do know how much running even a small site costs. And the more traffic you get, the more bullet proof your hosting service should be.

Of course, if I'm sticking my nose where it's not wanted my apologies!!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Totally agree about the rear visibility. This is why it needs to be small, discreet and inoffensive (and transparent).

The design will reflect this.

As for the site costs, well, that's Pottsy's thing really... noone's going to become rich from running a site with this sort of traffic, it's not about the money, but as you say it does cost real money :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
i think links where we can buy all the things that are disussed in this forum would be good. i for one would rather buy this way than through my dealer (sorry for sounding like a junkie)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Something quite small (you could perhaps fit on the front windscreen) and eye catching would be nice.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not interested in a sticker, I also have an aversion to anything on any window apart from what is necessary legally!
However if keeping the site going is going to cost only about £10 I would quite happily pay that and forgo the sticker.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I can see how a sticker may compromise the already limited rear view, but how/where is the sticker intended to draw attention to the website, if it is to be an "advert" for when driving then it would need to be in the lower half of the rear window, or on the lower section of the upper half of the rear window. However, if the "advert" was intended to have best impact when the vehicle is stationary then how about something for the top of the upper section of the rear window. Or something tax disc size for the front window.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Just received the sticker - see the photos. If it is stuck to the top of the rear screen it cannot be seen from inside the car and it is not obtrusve from outside either.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got mine too :) Think I'll put mine there too. I think the stickers we do for the site should be a bit smaller myself.

I assume these will come off easily?

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
erm, ah. yeh erm good question. Yeh i'm sure they will in fact I had a little trouble with making the M in .COM stick. Afterthought is always brilliant but if I was to stick them on again I would -

1. Make sure that the screen is scrupiously clean first (I peeled off the dealers sticker and assumed that the area was clean :( )
2. Use a decorators roller to apply the sticker to ensure all air bubbles are removed.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, gonna do it tomorrow..

I also ordered it in lowercase :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think you could probably loose the www. bit and if you could alter the font so its like the civic badge with the dropped V it would look great.

The focus owners sticker is a classic - really good design and it fits the style of the car too.

This is the badge they use - goes well on the rear screen or the bottom corner of the rear windows of a three door.

Somethin to think about maybe?

J

1 - 20 of 28 Posts