2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurred to me the other day that it might be useful to have a separate side-forum (like there is for the mods, or for supporters-only) for Civinfo Traders.

Just for any queries, suggestions, sounding-out fellow traders, etc and to avoid airing of dirty linen on the main forum. If we can say to fellow traders, can I suggest you do things this way, or can anyone recommend a supplier of something, without the whole forum putting in their two-pennies, it may be useful?

What do others think?

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Although I am not a trader I think this sounds like a good idea.

You could use it to discuss lots of "trader related" things such as listings, improving sales strategies, "rogue buyers" etc. Or even to strike up partnerships like I think Rick and Mr JP have.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I know Kat once asked me for advice on a problem via PM and will say having been trading on ebay for years I am aware of a lot of the con tricks and can help people but would not want to make any of this public knowledge as then it does not work.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
If it's of benefit to all of the excellent traders on here, and I've had dealings with most of them:p, then it must be a good thing.

Especially if it assists in weeding out the occasional "rotten apple" that crop up from time-to-time.

Perhaps private vendors could have an input too, via a trader they are familiar with, if they experience a problem with a buyer ?

Just a thought...

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for your support - but also for not shooting me down!!

Neil - I did think about that but not sure how it would be organised? As potentially everyone who comes onto the site could be a private vendor, and that kinda negates having such a forum. Unless, as you say, they did it 'proxy' through a trader.

Rick - it was that sort of situation I was thinking about but it did also occur to me that the points WHLO brought up might also be useful. Agreed, it's not the sort of thing you'd want to discuss in open forum.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Thanks all for your support - but also for not shooting me down!!

Neil - I did think about that but not sure how it would be organised? As potentially everyone who comes onto the site could be a private vendor, and that kinda negates having such a forum. Unless, as you say, they did it 'proxy' through a trader.

Would have to be by proxy, and they would have to have, say, a certain level of i-trader feedback, and be known to the trader acting on their behalf.

Reason I raised it is that I got shafted by a member some time ago. Part did not fit, they promised a refund, then promptly disappeared. Was only £15, but that's not the point, I just let it go.

Leopards rarely change their spots.

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks again guys for the support.

So, Mods: whaddya say?

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Oh yes, forgot to update.

We have been in contact with Kat and we have hit a few snags with this. Kat has agreed to shelve it.

The main snag is that a new user category would be required to limit posting to just traders. If we create a new 'trader' tag then they would not be 'supporters'. To counter this we would need to go through the site opening up areas that supporters can get to to allow traders as well. Then we feared we may have traders who are not supporters....

If you have any ploys then I'm sure Kat as well as us would welcome them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts