·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another chance to see Clarkson test the Type R

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
I don't see why you have posted this? If anyone wants to watch it they can find it themselves.
It has been talked to death on this site and 'others'.
We know he don't like it but I love it and thats the only opinion that matters to me.

Thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Nothing to get excited about I guess - if Clarkson doesn't like the type-R it's not necessarily bad PR for the type-R (at least to me) ;)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
He said it was slower than the previous one and he said he didnt like it also...

There are exactly 1 zillion threads with the same topic, have a look...

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Bizarrely, because of Clarksons's millions of readers right across the world, car companies have to take note when he lambasts a model. I'd imagine there was a top level meeting at Honda's PR company when he dropped a cartload of ordure on the Type R. And the Japanese must have winced.

He's a witty and incisive writer, and though a pretentious slob at times, it would be naive to deny his influence.

Let's hope it does some good.

·
您看了
456 Posts
Bizarrely, because of Clarksons's millions of readers right across the world, car companies have to take note when he lambasts a model. I'd imagine there was a top level meeting at Honda's PR company when he dropped a cartload of ordure on the Type R. And the Japanese must have winced.

He's a witty and incisive writer, and though a pretentious slob at times, it would be naive to deny his influence.

Totally agree, it can only be a good thing in the long run.

Although I doubt Japan winced too much, maybe a gentle shaking of their heads, the Type-R you buy here is not created by the engineers in Japan, but by the marketing men in Swindon.

I can't wait to see Clarkson drive the proper JDM Type-R... that is the test that Honda UK will need to watch closely.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts

Clarkson really had made me laugh when he got himself a Merc SL after years of bashing German cars. Seems, there are truths, half-truths, lies, and JC... [smilie=tongue.gif]

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Clarkson bought a GT40 ,CRAP CAR in his own words

·
Registered
69 Posts
while i personally think the new type r must be a much better car (not driven one yet!)! my local honda service manager said the same thing as clarkson i.e. the old civic was a better drivers car!

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
CivPilot is right. The Type R was rather more marketing exercise than engineering triumph. And as has been said before, all would have been well if it had been presented as a normal, hardened Civic rather than another iteration of a totemic masterpiece.

Trouble is, of course, marketing matters. It's why everyone's in business.
Engineering and marketing are always running into each other. And usually, one of them has to back down.

Problems only happen when the wrong one does the backing down!

·
Registered
11 Posts
anyone got the civic ex top gear vid from a while back

i remember a while back before my civic days that the civic was on top gear and clarkeson loved it . Has anyone got the video clip. where he was talking about the Sat nav and saying find nearest pub .

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
The previous Type R IS a better car all round than the current car but it shouldnt make a difference, you cant buy a new 'old' one any more.

Clarkson has more power than people believe and unfortunately there are a hell of a lot of sheep about who hang on his every word - we're even continuing a post on it!!

Years ago, Toyota UK requested that he no longer be involved in reviewing their models as all he ever did was (incorrectly) rubbsih their cars, he is also creditted with nearly killing the Vauxhall Vectra when it was originally launched - lets think ourselves lucky that he just thinks the Type R isnt as good as the previous model !!!

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
i remember a while back before my civic days that the civic was on top gear and clarkeson loved it . Has anyone got the video clip. where he was talking about the Sat nav and saying find nearest pub .
Are you sure that wasn't on Fifth Gear?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So Jeremy Clarkson must be eating his words. I read that he has been photographed talking on his mobile phone whilst driving an old Merc and has been reported to the Police. Well Jessa if you had bought a new Civic with HFT (like me) you wouldn't be in this embarassing situation.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts