1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Silly BBC

·
Registered
85 Posts
As the OP said, and as in the BBC link .....

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.
The corporation said the 54-year-old presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".
"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
There was a 'sly jibe' which the Hamster stopped during last Sunday's show, starting with the name of the new Aston Martin ... the Vulcan ... might be related?

Al.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Knowing Clarkson it could be anything.
Yeah my guess it was anything from a racial slur made to the Producer (at the very minimum, e.g. producer was Welsh & so Clarkson made some comment about the Welsh) right up to some kind of physical contact (pushed the Producer).

Probably involved a dispute about something that the Producer did not want to include in this Sunday's coming show, either before filming something in the studio, or after filming something in the studio.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is this a ploy to drum up an audience?
one could hope so, but the BBC ain't that clever LOL

IMO Clarkson probably feels "bigger" than the BBC production team, because he is paid a salary of £1million per year by the BBC, and he also has a large share-holding in the "Top Gear" franchise.

Hence an argument was bound to happen eventually, but it depends on the nature of the argument as to what will happen next.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just to clarify, I suspect that the Producer was worried about something and decided not to include it, either in filming, or in the final "edit". I would think that if something was aired that led to more complaints, the Producer was just as likely to lose their job as Clarkson would.

Reminds me of the Russell Brand & Jonathan Ross telephone voice messages to Andrew Sachs, in which the Producer also resigned The Russell Brand Show prank telephone calls row - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So it is very likely that the Producer took a decision that Clarkson did not like, and Clarkson may well have argued too "strongly" to keep something in the show.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Play with fire and you will get burned...

It was bound to happen sooner or later

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
Talking about fire, Sky lists a Documentary about the Red Arrows as replacing it - celebrating 50 years of Red, White and Blue - not bad actually!!

Al.

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
Isn't the STUDIO part filmed the Wednesday before the Sunday showing?
Anyone planning to go - received any information from the Beeb?

Al.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts