2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the late 1980s, Honda was a company brimming with confidence. In 1988, Honda-powered McLarens won 15 of the season's 16 Grand Prix races; Honda's co-operation promised to revitalise Rover's fortunes as a car manufacturer; and enthusiasts were taking notice of Honda's V-tec engine in the Civic and CRX. But the best thing that Honda did back then remains under-appreciated: in 1987, Honda launched an all-new Prelude with - on the top model - four-wheel steering (4WS).

More...

·
Registered
82 Posts
My first Honda was an '89 Prelude with the mechanical 4WS. The first half lock the rear wheels turned the same way as the fronts. Past the first half lock they flipped to turn the opposite way. It was fantastic, super smooth lane changes, tight turning circles and unbelievable fun at mini-roundabouts as you turned the wheel hard ;)

And it had popup headlights. You wanted to flash people to let them out just to see them pop up! A joy to remember ...;)

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I purchased two new Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi's in 98 and 99.
The 99 would have one of the last out of Japan, before they stopped making them.
Why did I buy two 25k cars within 6 months of each other ??
Well,the paintwork was so soft on the first, that I had a 6 month battle with Honda UK for a replacement.
I didn't get one from them, but received a " Goodwill Gesture Only" cheques for £700.
My Dealership was great and purchased another for me at no profit to them ( Only because it was a family owned Dealership and I was friends with the boss.)
They took back my first car and only made £400 on it.
So - It only cost me £1,500 + or - to replace. (ONLY):mad:
Their paintwork hasn't improved in the 11 years.
Do they think that we are daft, - It's not the thickness of the paint, but the hardness.
That said, I still went on and purchased other Honda's, the last being my Civic which my wife now owns.
I must visit my doctor and get some tablets, as I must me some kind of nut.:confused:

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
I had a 1997 2.0i before i got my Civic, I did quiet alot of modifications to it in the 3 years of my ownership. I actually miss it:(, I do hope it went to a good home. Anyway small spec and piccies.:D:D

• AEM V2
  • Full Stainless Exhaust Inc SRS Manifold Imported from Holland
  • S2000 Front seats, leather rears
  • Tenzo 17" Alloys with Parada Spec 2 tyres
  • Tein S-tech Springs
  • HID Lights

1 - 4 of 4 Posts