DSC00161.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Citrus Snow foam, dried, then used T-Cut Clay Bar Kit, took around 2 hours to do.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
excellent job. I too used clay for the first time ever today, used the Meguiars kit but as my car is silver, the results aren't as impressive as yours. Very easy to do don't you think?

Reactions: cf136322

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was the first time I used a clay bar, I was a bit nervous, but after 10 minutes I hit V-Tec and had the whole car done in 2 hours lol.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
That looks really good, and may inspire me to clay mine tomorrow. However I know it would be covered in pollen before I have even dried it all off!

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks really good, and may inspire me to clay mine tomorrow. However I know it would be covered in pollen before I have even dried it all off!
Ha Ha, mine was about 5 mins after taking the pics

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nice1 mate. That looks amazing

Where did u buy yout t-cut clay bar kit from? If u don't mind....

Reactions: cf136322

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice1 mate. That looks amazing

Where did u buy yout t-cut clay bar kit from? If u don't mind....
You'll be pleased to know....Halfords. £23ish

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
You'll be pleased to know....Halfords. £23ish
Ow! Isnt that a little expensive? Halfords always is mind you...

Black always comes up so well doesn't it! Looks really good!!!
It does doesn't it (wishes he had black!)
Well done mate!

I could never get mad reflections as good as that.
Only in the mirror Liv! lol :popcorn2:

I have a question...ish

I have vinyl on the car, advertising my business.
I can imagine the claying will be easy around it, it'll just look goddam awful when the vinyl comes off? ( in 3-5 years when I trade the car) ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
ive always used Bilt Humber clay, cheaper sub £10 and uses water as a lubricant.
** you done a good job, need to ours, one was done saturday, maybe the civic will be done tomorrow

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are cheaper clay bar kits, but for the first claying I thought I would get a good brand name.
Not sure on the vinyl, Should be alright, as you put a spray on and glide the bar over, not sure though

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh and it is the full kit you get, pre clay spray, clay bar, post clay wax and microfibre cloth.

·
**Generating Gloss**
1,280 Posts
it'll be fine over vinyl Stu. i'm not mad, i'm relatively normal [smilie=sadtard.gif]
lolol
i started off with megs clay kit from halfords, as it had everything you need in one box. now i use bilt hamber clay - huge bar of clay and all you need is water as lube as mentioned before :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts