2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after endless weeks of being sat under a blanket of snow the weather cleared and I got a chance to spend the day washing the Type-R. Oh, it feels good!

I used Bilberry wheel cleaner for the first time. I've had it for nearly 2 years but never used it. I must say, I was very very impressed! It's great stuff. Highly recommended.

I used a Chemical Guys shampoo, Autoglym SRP (totally underated) and Jetseal 109. Again, I haven't used Jetseal for a while but I didn't fancy a proper paste wax as it was getting dark and I find the Jetseal quicker to apply/remove.

I also did the glass with Carlack sealant. If you haven't used this, it's pretty cool. If you get it done right the rain just rolls off the windscreen. If you're going over about 40mph you don't even need your wipers in the rain!

Here's a few photos (all after!)

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
great job mate, cant remember the last time mine looked that clean:rolleyes:...Bloody weather

Reactions: aphemia

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Stunning mate, a day well spent! Great photos too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Jealousy is a terrible thing ! - IF ONLY I COULD AFFORD INSURANCE ON A R !

Looking amazing

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Looks B. E. A. Utiful :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice results
Jetseal 109 is good stuff and, as you say, easy to work with
Its particularly good on Alloys BTW
I tend to use a Poorboys wheel sealant which has always worked well. I have heard that Jetseal is awesome on wheels too. Maybe I'll give it a try next time...although I need to order some more! I'm running low...

nice job, love pic 3
Cheers Paul. See you again soon! Hope that you, the wife and the car are all well :)

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
East Midlands ei me thinks you should do the stealth bomber and we'll see just how good you are lmao

Honestly that is just crackerlacking:popcorn2:

·
Busy, busy busy!
137 Posts
Great work, loving the top pic.

Makes me feel bad for not cleaning mine, but as I'm moving house in the next couple of weeks i don't think I'll get chance.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
East Midlands ei me thinks you should do the stealth bomber and we'll see just how good you are lmao

Honestly that is just crackerlacking:popcorn2:
:confused:
I have no idea what this means!

Great work, loving the top pic.

Makes me feel bad for not cleaning mine, but as I'm moving house in the next couple of weeks i don't think I'll get chance.
Hope the house move goes well dude. Just don't look directly at your car between now and then...:worms:

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
nice pics mate top job, nice motor.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts