2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So took sometime today to clean my car up, as it was covered in bird poo and pollen!

First thing (and most fun) was the snow foam. Using Cherry foam stuff.
Quick rinse and washed with Megs NXT Generation.
BiltHamber Clay on the main panels (bonnet, fenders, doors, 3/4s and rear spoiler). Made the panels feel sooo smooth!
Following that a variety of products were used, AG UDP, AG SRP, Poorboys Black Hole Glaze and BHAB for the finish.
Also Megs Scratch X used to good effect on some ghost scratches. Sorry no before and after though - neighbours think I'm mad enough without taking loads of phone photos...
Tyres were finished with Megs Endurance tyre gel but actually need doing again as it was rather hurried and didn't have time to dry before I left.

All in, with a 30 minute lunch break, took more than 4 hours. Before I left to the TDI meet :D . Arms about to fall off at the time!

Some of the reflection shots are great though, shame it already doesn't look like that lol. Wish I was better / more patient with the camera but taking photos is the last thing I could be bothered with, despite originally planning on taking photos of each step etc.

I'm now really hoping the photos don't time out on the upload.... :popcorn2:

Attachments

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only because you know how hungover I was lol!

Still think this is my fav:

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
nice job! any shot a bit further away so we can admire in all its glory? :D

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice job! any shot a bit further away so we can admire in all its glory? :D
Will give this a try, took it on the way past this morning to get the lawn mower.

Noticed (well couldn't miss it) bird poo on the rear passenger pillar so got the wipes out and got rid of that sharpish. Also a layer of pollen / ash (nearby fires??) is settling, but the shine still shines through!!

Not a great photo but I'm no photographer, it was using a mobile phone and I tried to do it on the move, rather than stop (all my neighbours can see me, and have declared me certifiable already).

Thanks all for the positive comments :) .

Attachments

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
Looks like a day well spent :D Whenever I clean mine at the moment it gets covered in pollen and dust within an hour, damn spring!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts