2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
But would it be a one stop shop or would I have to buy different products from different places.
Robert there are a bazillion products out there, from the occasional washer to the more avid detailer. What do you want to achieve and what's your budget?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robert there are a bazillion products out there, from the occasional washer to the more avid detailer. What do you want to achieve and what's your budget?
Well count me out as being an avid detailer, what I'd like is a foam wash then hand wash with a type of polish/shine (one product) then hand dry also a spray for the wheels and last but not least a dashboard cleaner.

I done a bit of car cleaning when I was on a working visa in Australia 10 years ago, ....hard work!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long would this last 3/6 months?, looks good value but I'm not in the UK.

Maybe I'll leaving the cleaning to the pros if I find a good place for reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
It really depends on budget, I use chemical guys gloss works shampoo which is amazing, also chemical guys do a wolly mammoth drying towel again it's great, I use bilberry wheel cleaner, and polishes can get a bit crazy, really you will want a good wax aswell to help keep the finish, there's loads about and the price range is crazy, you can spend thousands on wax alone.
Some auto glym products are okay but usually don't give a lasting finish

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
How long would this last 3/6 months?, looks good value but I'm not in the UK.

Maybe I'll leaving the cleaning to the pros if I find a good place for reasonable price.
Do some research, read up and do it yourself it's very rewarding once you get into it.

To touch on the last post above, I've never bought into the idea of expensive shampoos, all you want from a shampoo is lubricity and it to not strip your wax, for the most part if you clean your car regularly and it has a good LSP (sealant or wax) on it the cleaning power isn't as crucial either as most dirt should be removed in pre-wash

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Gloss works isn't an expensive shampoo at all! About 8-10 quid a bottle, won't strip wax, and the dilution ratio is something like 600 to 1, it lasts forever! Not expensive at all

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Fair enough, I'm more than happy with the results I get and have found it much better than cheaper shampoos, but suppose it's personal preference

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
I've never found shampoos to really be an important step in the process - as silly as that sounds - I use Angelwax shampoo which is up there with the best I've used but if you have a good LSP most of the dirt should come off in pre-wash meaning the shampoo has very little work to do anyway

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I've never found shampoos to really be an important step in the process - as silly as that sounds - I use Angelwax shampoo which is up there with the best I've used but if you have a good LSP most of the dirt should come off in pre-wash meaning the shampoo has very little work to do anyway

I use the same.
Used the chemical guys one beforehand but wasn't a fan. Use less of the angelwax per bucket and I feel it soaps up better and lubricates much better.
I always start from the roof down and with the glossworkz one it seemed to always start drying up so quickly. With the angelwax I can get round the whole car usually with no sign of it drying up.

5 quid a bottle aswell which is brilliant. Just a shame I can never seem to buy just one thing when I go over :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts