2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

After some advice from all you cleaning and detailing gurus! :)

I've had my beloved milano red civic for just under a month, and she is well over due a clean.

Now, I have two issues, firstly, I'm a complete newbie to car cleaning and detailing, my idea of car wash, is well taking the car to a car wash! lol.

Secondly, because of where I live, my car is parked up in a residential car park, with no access to an outside water tap/ no hosepipes etc.

So, what is the best option for my cleaning needs and getting my paintwork looking fab?

Are we talking about paying a local company, or we talking taking out buckets of water to the car and doing it in the car park, which would take ages lol.

How does everyone else do it?

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Wow, didn't realise there was product out there that could do that, seems like an ideal solution.
Will still need to invest in a few things, but this might work out nicely!
I wouldnt use that EVER! :facepalm:
You would be best going to a DIY car jet wash with a bucket and MF Mitt
HOWEVER.....Dont use the brush !!
Dry it off and apply a good wax...You will only need to wax every 2 to 3 months or more..It will stay cleaner longer and be protected

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Dry it off and apply a good wax...You will only need to wax every 2 to 3 months or more..It will stay cleaner longer and be protected
This is what I do sometimes to jut get all the dirt off, take a bucket and sponge to a car wash, (jet) put £1 in rinse and fill the bucket up, , wet the car, wash it, and £1 to rinse it all off :)

£2 car wash better than any hand caf wash that uses brushes etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
This is what I do sometimes to jut get all the dirt off, take a bucket and sponge to a car wash, (jet) put £1 in rinse and fill the bucket up, , wet the car, wash it, and £1 to rinse it all off :)

£2 car wash better than any hand caf wash that uses brushes etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont use a sponge though mate as you will be inflicting swirls on your paintwork, use a microfibre/lambswool wash mitt

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
I wouldnt wash with ONR too. I used to wash it with ONR some times and the results

Now i have o bottle of ONR in car only for '' emergency '' issues like a bird droping. You can use it as a QD and sometimes i use it as clay lube to avoid washing after claying but never for washing again.

Reactions: Saint2K

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
lol
As you said I thought it was ok. I also use onr in my foam mixture for better cleaning properties.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
+1

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great, cheers for the responses folks.

Good idea, using a DIY jetwash and taking a bucket.

Anyone recommend a good wax, and what else I will need to buy?

I think someone mentioned a mitt of sometype? lol.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Great, cheers for the responses folks.

Good idea, using a DIY jetwash and taking a bucket.

Anyone recommend a good wax, and what else I will need to buy?

I think someone mentioned a mitt of sometype? lol.
ooh dont mention what you need to buy as your wallet is going to take a hammering. I'm sure Robbo or kotsos will be along soon as they have a long list of products and process order.:)

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
ooh dont mention what you need to buy as your wallet is going to take a hammering. I'm sure Robbo or kotsos will be along soon as they have a long list of products and process order.:)
Why you say that :rolleyes: ?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.