2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I trying to get into cleaning my car more often (as she deserves it)
I got lots of wax shampoos etc all good for outside of the car, just the interior now

what's the best kind of hoover to get? we all know car carpet is a pain in the a**e when it comes to getting stuff of it...
I was thinking the handheld dyson one? I would like something that is compact yet powerfull. any suggestions?

also for the plastics/trim at the moment I'm using a wipe then pledge aweful I know..

what do you guys use when it comes to the inside of your car?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Hi mate, i have a handheld dyson and although they are very good the battery life is awful, goes flat in about 6mins after a full recharge. You'd be better off with one of those Henry hoovers, quite cheap, long suction hose for all areas.
As for your plastics i would only ever use a damp microfibre cloth and try to avoid chemical sprays etc as i feel the plastics can look worse.[smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I got a dyson dc32 animal I didnt just get it for car although I do have another dyson. I like it because its got a small rotating brush addon to remove hairs my daughter always leave the seem to stick to the seats. A lot of money for just for car but works a charm. I tried other vacuum cleaners dont get the battery ones like black & decker they are rubbish

Henry are meant to be good too

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
For interior plastics i use Megs natural shine.

Its better than poorboys and wolfs silk milk i ve try so far.
It leaves a lovely natural finish has good durability,some antistatic properties great smell and most important its no greasy. Poorboys is also good but with fantastic smell but is water based and can easily removed.
303 is also great and now looking forward to use the Gtech C6.

If you apply an interior dressing make sure the plastics are good cleaned with an apc ( love wolfs insider ). I also find that is better and easier to apply it with a microfiber applicator because of civic grained dash surface

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.