2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 SR has the cloth seats with the quite thin arm rests on the doors, on both sides these are looking a bit shabby (sort of a white dusty appearance) even after only 16k miles.

I rest my elbow on there but not all the time, and it’s not like I have heavy arms lol, but it looks a bit scruffy for a new car. Anyone got any tips on how to clean these as vacuuming/wiping it down doesn’t seem to have much effect?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Carbon fibre effext handle covers and PU leather covers for door panels. They arent to everyones taste.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I quite like the carbon fibre style covers, where did you get them from, or did you cover them yourself?

I know it’s a petty issue but I’ve always thought those bits are very thinly padded, my wife’s 9th gen door handles are much better padded in the same place

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ebay or aliexpress. Do a search for 10th gen civic

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
My 2019 SR has the cloth seats with the quite thin arm rests on the doors, on both sides these are looking a bit shabby (sort of a white dusty appearance) even after only 16k miles.

I rest my elbow on there but not all the time, and it’s not like I have heavy arms lol, but it looks a bit scruffy for a new car. Anyone got any tips on how to clean these as vacuuming/wiping it down doesn’t seem to have much effect?
I thought the thin cloth trim on centre console and around door looked flimsey when I brought the car and wouldn't last long, you get a lot of dead skin flakes going into them, I just vacuum and use spray foam. The leather trim looks good

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
I just bought the suede cover for the centre rest on my FN2 form these guys: Great deals from J-F-CUSTOMS in HONDA- | eBay Shops
They do an amazing range of suede/leather/vinyl covers for car interiors not just Honda.
Item hasn't come yet so can't judge quality or ease of fitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts