2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody ever used proshine sray u shine on their cars,the waterless car cleaner,if so how did u rate it ?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
No, but i would not use any waterless wash system, the use of water fundementally assists in washing away solids!.

I could get a dirty car clean with a dry cloth and then spend forever correcting the paint damage.

Take a look at sites like www.detailingworld.co.uk is you want more qualified opinion :idea:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have to say that when I have seen these sprays (don't think it was Proshine) on QVC they always seem to do a good job. Then again, they wouldn't demonstrate it if it didn't. Mind you they could probably use weedkiller or something and still make it look good, it's their job.
However, I can't get my head around the concept of cleaning a car without using water. Not to mention what the chemicals would do to the paintwork over time. Might be ok for light soiling ie. you washed the car a couple of days ago and just need to give it a last minute clean before a show or something.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
It been hyped big time , but i wouldnt use it

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Its too wet for a real good Colloniting but bthis stuff is great, put it on wet...

·
Registered
414 Posts
i have used/use the Proshine on my car but only after i have cleaned and dried it off 1st then use it as a quick sprtiz for added shine when im in a hurry. would never use anything on a dirty car though.

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Its too wet for a real good Colloniting but bthis stuff is great, put it on wet...

Just make sure there are no water runs or damp patches when you buff up, or you smear it again and have to re-buff:oops:

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
This is only an intrim wax...............I go all the way with descent stuff ;)

·
2,092 Posts
This is only an intrim wax...............I go all the way with descent stuff ;)
For me it is iterim too. Between me buying the car and selling it.;)

Sorry Aquawax and Super Resin Polish are the limit for me, with perhaps a bit of Paint Renovator to remove some small scratches.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts

Too wet??? Thats why I installed the spotlight out the front of my garage, it helps to dry the wax in the damp :) Too softcore you lot lol ;-)

Tom

·
2,092 Posts
Too wet??? Thats why I installed the spotlight out the front of my garage, it helps to dry the wax in the damp :) Too softcore you lot lol ;-)

Tom
Tom you are starting to scare me;)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts