2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest what works best ,when cleaning the dash and doors. Basically all the plastic :D

Btw am I the only civic owner who is having a devil of a time keeping the seats looking clean :( . Talk about a dirt magnet. The black seats show up eveything :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
I usually use Mr Pledge, don't waste your money at Halfords.

As for the seats, not sure, mines coming at the end of the month fully Supaguarded.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Basegreen, do you have any of those monitor anti-static wipes? My upper instrument console gets loads of dust from static and I've been scratching my head trying to think of something that might stop it...

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Since my car's only a week or so old, not got too much of an issue yet. I will try some anti-static wipes on it though.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I've got the scotchguard and exterior paint coating going on mine, mainly the scotchguard for the kids really :)

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Be REALLY REALLY careful when cleaning the interior plastic on the car, it scratches very easily. If you touch it with your fingers it will smear and if you attempt to rub the smear with your hand it will scratch, :shock:

I bought a soft black flannel to wipe over mine (after I scratched it up!!) any form of duster was leaving behind bits.

As for the seats I was using a lint roller to quickly get rid of the bits I was sick of hoovering the them.

I think the interior is far too fragile.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to agree about the interior, very unforgiving :( . To to good for showing off.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Did they use the same material for our cars' interior plastics as Apple did on their latest iPods? They were insanely sensitive as well. And still are, I suppose. :evil:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't waste your money. Many of those interior products such as cockpit shine or dash wipes I found were rubbish. Just buy a microfibre cloth to wipe the dust off the interior. Avoid dusters as they generate lint and I found they can trap and drag dust so it may stratch LCD displays and such like.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Used an old flannel (not been used before) on the plastics with a bit of pledge spayed on it, works a treat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I used the anti-static wipes on mine dusted lightly with a micro-fibre first then used the wipes gently and it worked ok
Gentle is the word

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
WonkySights said:
I usually use Mr Pledge, don't waste your money at Halfords.

As for the seats, not sure, mines coming at the end of the month fully Supaguarded.
Mines Superguarded, but still attracts all the bits....I attack the seats with a Dyson that has the car attachment.

·
您看了
456 Posts
I actually used some 50/50 hard wax (as used on the exterior paint) on the black glass sections, just applied using finger tips. Then wipe off with a micro fibre cloth. no smears or scratches and stays clean for ages (in fact a quick wipe with the microfibre cloth brings back the clean surface.

Rest of the dash is wiped down with a damp microfibre cloth.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Dash - It doesn´t get shiny or is it a satin type??

·
Registered
66 Posts
What shampoo and wax do you guys do you recomend .Here´d about Sonax? Is it good ?? Wax ?? sugestions?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Most have recommended Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo and other Meguiar products. There are lots of posts and even whole threads about this. I'm sure you will find them with the search function.

Do you live on the Azores?? The islands in the middle of the Atlantic?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes

Yes i live in the Azores, in São Miguel , the bigesst island of a nine island arquipelago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes i live in the Azores, in São Miguel , the bigesst island of a nine island arquipelago.
We were on holiday in Sao Miguel (Hotel Sao Miguel Park) last August two weeks. Very nice place and especially beautiful nature.

We had a rented Mitsubishi Colt diesel 5 days and we drove 800 kms on that time, Not a bad car either. Roads are very fun to drive there especially on mountains :D

I noticed one new Porsche 911 there driving quite fast on the motorway. I bet you can drive pretty fast to Furnas with it [smilie=tongue.gif]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts