2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Maguiars wash products yet, they are fantastic. Bought the wash, alloy cleaner, tyre shine and terry towelling cloth last night, i have never been more surprised, okay they are expensive and seem to be well marketed, but they seem to live up to the expectations. That towelling drying cloth is a must have.

Anyone else tried it?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
YES! One of my threads I mentioned it after many recommendations, went to Halfords and spent a small fortune but well worth it.

I got the big bottle of Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner, alloy cleaner, tyre shine and the Wash mitt.
The wash mitt is brilliant, can't believe I've used a sponge all these years, just use a 2nd bucket of clean warm water to rinse the mitt inbetween each dip in the shampoo bucket, so much faster.
They also do a real wool mitt that has a bug/abrasive side on it which I've heard is good.

I bought the TurtleWax Platinum Bug/Sap remover spray for the bird droppings etc... about the only thing I couldn't find a Meguiar's version of!

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a look at the Maguiars website and they do have a cleaner, but it is for use prior to polishing, so you would need to wax afterwards. I just used some Demon Shine after the shampoo, what a shine though.

I am tempted by the mitt, I just use a sponge and rinse that in a clean bucket, might give the mitt a go.

I do like the look of the polish, I quite fancy a show car look. Just been out to admire it, the sun is shining on it, it looks fantastic, in fact the shine is so good you can see your face in it, well mine.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Hello! :wink:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your only lucky I didn't take it by the windows, you might have been able to make out the hunchback and the warts.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Nice evening so I washed the wife's car as a good excuse to also do mine ;)

Gotta show you my shine after using the Meguairs Gold Class Shampoo/Conditioner and the Tyre Shine - lovely even if I do say so myself :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Holy sh** thats fantastic :shock:

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Thanks, lets just hope that it still looks like that in the morning bearing in mind the breaking news on Sky right now following the 2 explosions at the Billingham chemical plant a couple of miles from me, shook my house and I watched the fireball and gas clouds go up - we've all got to stay indoors, hoping my Civic doesn't get a new coating of anything!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5035734.stm

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Beautiful shine on your car, mate! 8)

Too bad about that whole explosions incident. Let's hope your Civic is as good as new afterwards. :?

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Very nice pics. Must get some tyre shine. Mine have gone sort of faded.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Fedorov, how long did you spend on the car then?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
About an hour, doesn't take long to wash with that gold class shampoo and wash mitt. Sponge and hot water/shampoo on the wheels this time, probably took longer to dry it with the chamois leather than to do anything else :)

Well my car isn't glowing green and I'm still breathing so it must be safe outside now ;)

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I bought a micro-fibre cloth to-day, for cleaning the delicate dash plastic. seems to do the job o.k . you can use it wet or dry. trying it dry for now.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Fedorov, that looks tremendous. I went to Halfords tonight and bought a container of Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner after seeing this picture. I hope the results look half as good as yours :D

I use tyre black as well. Car Plan Tyre Slik is best on test with Autoexpress. Wilkinsons sell it for £2.85 and its a tin twice the size of what you'll get in Halfords

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Ah cool, shame I'm not on commission from Meguiar's ;)

Don't forget to post a *shiny* picture of it once you've chamois'd it dry!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
There's a huge splodge on your bonnet.

Or so I thought until I scrolled down and discovered that it was a bit of old sneeze on my laptop screen.. :?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts