2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Some advice please I have a 1.4i 2008 Honda civic & would like the rear clear indicator lens without the yellow coloured lens I have seen before someone who fitted the clear lens to his car but cant find it any help or advice on what rear indicator lens to purchase that will fit my Honda Civic.

Here is an e bay link to one for sale is this the type that will fit with some cutting of the plastic tabs?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-2012...ENGER-SIDE-REAR-INDICATOR-LIGHT-/380441820483
Thank you

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
You will need the ones from the Type R. The one in the eBay auction looks correct, it just has a yellow bulb in it and you'll need to get the silver-finish ones (Phillips do them I think).

You can then do a straight swap with a little modification of the tabs.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will need the ones from the Type R. The one in the eBay auction looks correct, it just has a yellow bulb in it and you'll need to get the silver-finish ones (Phillips do them I think).

You can then do a straight swap with a little modification of the tabs.
Hey thank you for your quick reply yea I am putting the V-3 tritons into them which in themselves are crystal clear until the leds activate then they are blinding..

·
Alabaster FTW
1,610 Posts
Hey mate I did the same about 3 weeks ago, picked up a 1 month old set for £60 delivered.

Also found it easier snipping of the small tabs on the bulb holder than actually trying to cut the light cluster. A lot cleaner and quicker.

Good luck

Reactions: Creiborum

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey mate I did the same about 3 weeks ago, picked up a 1 month old set for £60 delivered.

Also found it easier snipping of the small tabs on the bulb holder than actually trying to cut the light cluster. A lot cleaner and quicker.

Good luck
Thank you for heads up most appreciated always helps when someone else has done the exact same thing will keep your advice in mind and do as you have suggested come installation time.

·
Alabaster FTW
1,610 Posts
No worries, I used to live in Belfast, Lisburn.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worries, I used to live in Belfast, Lisburn.
Hey where you from there originally? Can you tell me what exactly did you cut when snipping of the small tabs on the bulb holder did you cut a lot off or did you merely trim it? Cheapest set i can find will set me back £70 + £8 postage expensive but need these rear indicators as they look much better than standard yellow tinted lens.

Thanks

·
Alabaster FTW
1,610 Posts
Hey where you from there originally? Can you tell me what exactly did you cut when snipping of the small tabs on the bulb holder did you cut a lot off or did you merely trim it? Cheapest set i can find will set me back £70 + £8 postage expensive but need these rear indicators as they look much better than standard yellow tinted lens.

Thanks
My dad served in NI in the army 1st bat light infrantry, was there for 6 years.

I cut the small tabs completely off so it was totally flat and flush. No sign of where they had been as if there is a slight ridge they will stop the bulb holder going into the light cluster. Really easy a pair of snips or a Stanley just be careful not to cut yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts