2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My civic is being traded in sometime in March but something I need to make sure I do is clear out my home address and all previous destinations from the Satnav.

Does anyone know if there is a way to 'factory reset' the satnav so all the things I've used it for are completly cleared out and the next owner can't come and find me ?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Not sure how to do a full reset, but you could always change your home address to something else (i.e Nearest Honda Dealer). By the way I don't have my house number set, just the postcode, just in case some lowlife (There's alot of them in the UK now!) steals the car and finds there way to my house!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Well, I've had a look in the manual but it doesn't list anything in the index about 'factory reset' or similar. It does allow you to edit your HOME ADDRESS entry though and I guess that would seem to be the best option. When you select DELETE the entries of address, phone number and icon are all cleared. See 'System Settings' in the Navigation System Hand Book (page 75 in mine).

Previous destinations can all be cleared as well by choosing the 'Delete All' in the 'Choose a Destination to Delete' list (page 76 in mine).

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
It can be done as I did it to mine last year, can't remember how but it's quite simple and easily found in the menu. You can also delete all the contact details and phone numbers too. I'd try it but I'm still building up the directory and I don't want to loose what I've put in already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts