2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have notticed a click/clunk sound coming from what seems like the front footbell/undercarriage when slowing to a stop or in first or 2nd gear accelerating - with windows open - something it can even be felt on the pedals

Is this normal - is it something in the engine clicking into gear (turbo kick in or something) air con unit perhaps - i'm far from technically minded so it's beyond me - not effecting performance, but just wondered if this is normal or not?

Also - car pulls to the left quite severely - had tracking done and all set fine - anyone else get this?

Thanks

Lee

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Hi,

Not sure about the pulling bit....
The clicking is almost certainly the sub frame, theres lots about it in the faults section. Mine started doing it a month or so ago, Honda had it in the last couple of weeks, did their fix (something to do with undoing the fixings and lubricating...) I left my car with them for a day, but from what other people have said it can be done in about 30mins. Hope this helps. No need to panic, its a common problem.

:)

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Hi,

Not sure about the pulling bit....
The clicking is almost certainly the sub frame, theres lots about it in the faults section. Mine started doing it a month or so ago, Honda had it in the last couple of weeks, did their fix (something to do with undoing the fixings and lubricating...) I left my car with them for a day, but from what other people have said it can be done in about 30mins. Hope this helps. No need to panic, its a common problem.

:)
+1

·
Registered
218 Posts
As far as the pulling goes is this when you brake or just normal driving??

If its normal driving where did you get the allignment done?? as IME most places cant properly adjust a cars geometry properly. You really need a 4 wheel system like hunter www.AlignMyCar.co.uk and of course a competent tech to adjust.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Definately subframe.

Had the same issue on my type R and they sorted it under warranty.

All it involves is them applying some grease and re-torqueing some nuts so its nothing serious and is fairly quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts