2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice what sounds like a micro switch clicking when you depress the clutch?

Just noticed it, and now I have I can't not notice it.....

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
clicking clutch pedal

Had the same problem on my 2.2 after 5k, returned it to dealer, belive they lubricated the mechanism above pedal, had no trouble since fingers crossed, now on 8.5k. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ahhh YESSS that's good, I thought I was hearing/feeling "things"... mine comes and goes, some time it's very clear, and other times nothing at all...

What in heaven's name is it?

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strangely this morning it didnt happen? hmmm odd... I shall have a dig around under the dash at the weekend, see if I can see what it is....

Also noticed that their is something very small loose inside the tailgate, when you open/close it you can hear it falling around.... and without the radio on, can hear it sliding round when cornering.... have to have a look how difficult taking the rear plastics in the boot of is....

·
Registered
76 Posts
had the same problem on mine its the rubbers in the clutch master cylinder ,if you contact your dealer they will replace the master cylinder . lubricating it will make it go away but only a short term fix ,the only solution to this is a master cylinder replace

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll keep my ear out for it, only done 700miles, so perhaps just needs to bed in.... if not I shall be visiting my dealer...

·
Registered
14 Posts
clutch pedal noise

As earlier stated did return to get it looked at, asked if cylinder needed replacing as i belive they had fault on some cylinders. dealer replied that only earlier models had cylinder fault (mine 56 plate), another note that when clutch pedal was depressed you could feel a light grinding sensation through pedal. although must add fault did seem to be intermitent. either way problem has been solved and happy motoring again. :)

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
Yes, i noticed it, is micro-switch that controls the rear braking lights and disengaged the cruise control system.

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, i noticed it, is micro-switch that controls the rear braking lights and disengaged the cruise control system.
Can't really be that, as the cruise turns itself off before the click happens if you press the clutch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dont have cruise control on my car so could not be linked to the clicking on clutch, switch would possibly be situated on brake pedal. :?:

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
You are right, at this point, if the "click" happens after the disengage of cruise control, probably the pedal needs to be lubricated at the pivot point. Try this and tell me if the problem is fixed...

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am now getting a click (it can be felt as well) intermittantly on the clutch pedal. The car has nearly 17K miles on it so I'll see if it gets any worse if not it can wait until the next service

·
Registered
24 Posts
The master cylinder? But... would you really hear that inside the car? It's not loud, mind you, but it's very noticeable. Or maybe I am just feeling it through the pedal, and imagine the sound... I am actually not really sure :confused:

Anyway, as cylon2007 wrote, it's intermittent. It comes and goes, and it's not predictable, although when the clutch is pressed several times after each other, the click typically will disappear; only to re-appear a few minutes later...

Oh well... I am getting a bit paranoid about the shockers as well...

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
Last saturday i lube the pedal mechanism with Honda White Lithium grease, and seems that the problem is fixed...i hope!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The master cylinder? But... would you really hear that inside the car? It's not loud, mind you, but it's very noticeable. Or maybe I am just feeling it through the pedal, and imagine the sound... I am actually not really sure :confused:

Anyway, as cylon2007 wrote, it's intermittent. It comes and goes, and it's not predictable, although when the clutch is pressed several times after each other, the click typically will disappear; only to re-appear a few minutes later...

Oh well... I am getting a bit paranoid about the shockers as well...
I have the same problem. I located it and it turns out to be the violet button thingy near the clutch pedal. Everytime you depress the clutch it makes a sound. This doesnt bother me so much so im not going to get it fixed (dealers might scratch the or break something.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts