2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,
This afternoon my car (59 plate CTR) started to make a clicking noise. I narrowed it down to coming from the climate fans by the sounds of it because as I turn the fan speed up the noise speeds up with it. It sounds like something is catching a fan as it spins creating this mysterious clicking noise, could also be catching a belt if the fans are belt driven I suppose. It seems to be coming from behind the headunit or heater controls sort of area. Any ideas on how I can resolve this as the noise is driving me fecking mental already! :mad:
Many thanks in advance

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Ah the classic leaf-in-the-fan noise. Not a lot you can do except be patient as it'll prolly come out when it's ready. A good blast on full might help. Failing that it's a remove fan assy and clean out, job.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Firstly, sorry for the delay getting back to you about this, I didn't seem to get a notification about your replies for some reason!
Anyway, Revs FN2 you were right, within 24hrs it had stopped, so whatever was causing the noise, I'm guessing a leaf or seed pod just have worked its way out of where ever it got stuck.
Thanks for the helpful replies guys, it's appreciated [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Jolly good :) I used to get this a lot with my CRX. Not had it yet with the FN2 though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts