2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to give Honda a call about this problem and get booked in as seems this clicking noise is getting worse.
I had noticed this a while ago when turning the car round to reverse the car in to the garage with the full steering lock to move forward and reverse there was a clicking noise when the weels were fully turned.

I just to wanted to know if anyone is aware of this issue? It sounds like the clicking or 'knocking' is coming from underneath the front of the car. My thinking could be engine mounts? steering rack? suspension or exhaust as sometime it sounds like its comming from different areas?
I have now noticed if i go over a bump or pot holes, light braking and changing gear Its happening more regulary.

I don't know if any of you guys have noticed when turing the A/C off and then on again and you hear a click? That is similar to the sound im hearing and i have had the A/C off and also the heating turned off but it still happens. I also dont think its the clutch as i have heard about the 'squeaky' issue but im not depressing the clutch when it happens.
Any ideas or advice please.
Oh... and my Type R is standard and only 18 months old with just over 12K on the clock.
Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very common man

They'll just re-grease it for you and all will be well!
I got it booked in on Friday.

Thanks for the heads up as i told dealer it may be CV joints so they going to have a look first. Will update if it is this.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I have the same, obviously, my local dealer (cambridge) has "never heard of it"
Also, extended warranty doesn't cover it unless the CV joints need replacing. Sigh...

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
sorry for bumping this, does anyone have the service bulletin this relates to ? the CV joints.
The dealer did the subframe fix, but it's still clicking.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
sorry for bumping this, does anyone have the service bulletin this relates to ? the CV joints.
The dealer did the subframe fix, but it's still clicking.
CV joints have never croped up on any service bulletin I have seen, I imagine it will come down to normal wear and tear. Check the boots for any splits that might have caused grease to escape, if you find one then its definetly wear and tear Im afraid.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Ah right, I see. The car is in (AGAIN) for a collapsed bumpstop, I will ask them to look at the CV joints this time.

I am starting to think the legendary Honda reliability might have been just legendary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts