2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haii,

I have a Hatchback from 2013, when driving over small bumps or roads with cracks.
I get a clicking/ticking sound from cockpit. It sounds like its coming somewhere behind steering wheel area or behind the clusters, cant really tell.
Its very annoying, you guys have any suggestion or solution to this problem?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
Is it in time with the road imperfections? (Something rattling)?

Have you checked your door pockets on both sides are free of rattly objects? In the past I've been tearing my hair out when I realise there's a loose plastic bottle making massive rattling sounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it in time with the road imperfections? (Something rattling)?

Have you checked your door pockets on both sides are free of rattly objects? In the past I've been tearing my hair out when I realise there's a loose plastic bottle making massive rattling sounds.

Thank you for your reply, yes it does happend with the road imperfections. Then something makes rattles/clicking sound. And ive checked my doors and both sides are free, but the sound seems to be coming from cockpit area. You can kind of hear it clearly from there.

·
3,703 Posts
I meant something rattling in the glovebox. The problem with rattles etc is that they are notoriously difficult to pinpoint exactly from where they are coming. I'll not bother with personal anecdotal evidence.:laugh2:

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
Generally, all rattles turn out to be a piece of tat. If the door sides are clear, what about the center console? Large box, cupholder, any coins etc.

As M 8 says, the sound of rattles carries very well so it's something of a wild goose chase.

Another thought that crosses the mind, it might be worth moving the steering column slightly and re locking to ensure it's solidly in place, though it's a big wildcard.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Take a look the plastic panel right side and down with switches, esp-headlights adjustment

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G930F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for youre reply's guys.
Im going to check the things you guys mention tommorow.
Might remove some panels.
I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had similar problem and discovered it was the sun visor when in the closed position. There was just that little bit of movement causing it to rattle and appear as if coming from cockpit area. HTH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts