2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently noticed this. I get a clicking noise when braking and turning (at the same time - i think) coming from the front end of the car - the front left corner i think. Some research suggests possibly a CV joint?

Anyone had this / fixed it?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate. Turns out it's actually a clicking when the body of the car leans forward / backwards, seems to come from the front middle.... Sub-frame?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah mines is the same, think its the subframe. I bought tegiwa rigid collars but they don't seem to have helped. Can't belive Hondas fix is to grease it to hide the noise, total joke!

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's in with them on Saturday for the clutch click (for the second time). I'll mention it then and see what they think.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive not been able to replicate the click i was on about in my original post so thought i was imagining it,

Just been out for a "spirited" drive and once the brakes were nice and hot it started again. Seems to click with every wheel rotation when braking, turning or not. Anyone got any ideas? Its definitely in the brakes. Loose pad maybe?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Hiya fella,

Had same issue, firstly garage thought was subframe bolts. They took them out regressed put them back in. A common thing. Although it was not this. Still had problem after done. The problem was a exhaust gasket on manifold. The flex makes it click. Cheap part simple fix. I bet it's one or other pal.

Heysie

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers mate, wouldn't have expected the gasket. As for the ticking coming from a wheel, i noticed an indent on one of my brake discs. I reckon there's something stuck on the pad cutting into the disc. Everytime it goes over a groove in the disc its making a noise - only happens when its hot because everything's expanded

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is abnormal though - it's a a really noticeable tapping and only comes from one wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts