2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had the Clifford Blackjax system fitted to my type R just in case the keys get stolen or someone decides to drag me out at the lights and steal my baby. this system is top notch and simple to use it can not be bypassed or your car taken even with the keys. just input a code on a tiny 2 button keypad fitted anywhere on your car when you start the engine or open any door with the ignition turned on. even if a thief gets away with your car it will shut down after approx 30 seconds down the road and all lights flash and a siren sounds. the car can not be re-started without the code. this allows the thief to get away a short distance keeping you safe from harm then you just follow the sound of your baby screaming her head off and drive off. well clever in action and completely seperate from the standard fit security system. cost is approx £150-£200 including fitting, a small price to pay i think. :D[smilie=cheeky-grin: and no monthly or yearly fees. Trackers are pants as thiefs now carry gps blockers so your car will never be found,(you can buy these on ebay of all places, thanks not i think.)

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Sounds good was considering a Tracker when I get my Type R but now thinking about the Blackjax[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Vtec'er
301 Posts
I have the blackjax system on my Golf, be careful as the buttons wear out quickly and you dont want to be stranded somewhere like my mechanic was. I am currently on my 2nd set and have recently turned the system off as I am having to press the buttons harder each time and its only a matter of time until I need another replacement

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Is it possible without giving too much away to show a pic of the pad, suitably tampered with so you don't show it's location :). I was considering tracker, but it's not really worth it, but my first BMW had a button to press everytime you started the car, even for stalls, and when the battery went, I was stuck in the middle of nowhere trying to get enough power to start it. Maybe i'll just invest in a Remington 470 auto????

Tom

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We shall have to see on the button wear but it is the new G5 model so dont know if yours is the same pubcrawler but will keep an eye out cheers. the product does have a lifetime guarantee though. does not affect warranty as any modification has to be proven to be the cause of any problem you are having, which is almost impossible to do i have been told by Honda and others as i mod most of my new cars to various degrees so know where you are coming from. will try and get a pic soon. :)

·
Vtec'er
301 Posts
Sorry to go on about this again but I have a few problems with GAP who fitted the alarm. Yes it does get a lifetime guarantee but that is as long as you service it each year through them.....Mine is the G5 model (Clifford 950)

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sorry to here that pubcrawler, but i see you have the full system this is just for the blackjax part of that system and the manual states that the unit does not need maintenence. directed electronics do recommend that the system is checked for proper operation on a yearly basis tho but i am sure this cost if any would be small. here is a pic as requested in the positions i selected as they can be fitted anywhere. Also i used a local approved fitter with their own outlet so they are very helpful and friendly and cheap not like the larger national based services like GAP who do not want to know when problems arise and charge premium prices as they use sub contracted vehicle technicians.

Attachments

·
Supporter
63 Posts
i had one on my Golf it was the Clifford 950 with remote start, you soon get bored of inputting the code everytime you get in that car as well as anytime someone gets out of the car.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
I was supprised to see the photo of the buttons (provided by R GT ) in the heated seats blanks position.

Surely the clifford buttons should be fitted somewhere more discreet.??

Not quite sure how this system works.??

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
whenever you start the car or open the door the system is armed. without inputing your pin the car will come to a halt after a certain amount of time (approx 30 secs ?). in other words if someone takes your keys from your house and drives off without putting the pin in the car will stop after a while , or if someone opens your door at the lights , kicks you out and drives off , again the car will stop after a while. regarding the positioning of the buttons , not many thieves are going to even realise they are there or what they are. they will be in such a rush to get away with the car. i think its a great system for approx £200 fitted.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
sounds good. is the code, say 2 presses of one button and 3 of another ?

can it be set up yourself ?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
my brother has just got a vectra vxr and want one of these alarms fitted do you know where in manchester it can be done thanks

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
sounds good. is the code, say 2 presses of one button and 3 of another ?

can it be set up yourself ?
like everything else im sure it can be done , but its better to get it fitted professionaly , preferably by a clifford approved fitter , if your car did get jacked and for some reason the system did not work (which i very much doubt) the insurance company may ask to see some sort of proof of who it was fitted by, they might reject a claim on the grounds you done it yourself ? you know what insurance companies are like , better to be safe then sorry for the sake of £100

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The buttons were positioned in the heated seat blanks for ease of use in the dark etc as you can input the code by touch only after a while. The thieving gets only get 3 tries of the code and then the alarm sounds. The code can be set to whatever number of combinations you wish and yes it can be a pain to input but if you forget the system chirps 5 times to remind you before the car shuts down, yes it works a treat. when the car does shut down and the siren blares away as you coast to a stop just quickly input the code press the start button and you are away without even stopping. Money well spent in my opinion and defo use an authorised clifford installer. Good luck:)

·
Supporter
63 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts