2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads , need bit of an advise here.

Noticed bit of clicking noise when go over the ramps on my civic, went to local garage (non Honda) they checked and said its front drop links/stabilizers and they need to change them, and will charge 180 Euro for parts and labor. and they said no tracking needed on this job.

Spoke with Honda dealer garage , they will charge 210 Euro and said tracking is needed 100%. also Honda said probably i need to change bump stops as well.

So can someone please let me know what is that tracking and do i realy need it ?

and does anyone had similar issues ?

thanks all in advance

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Drop links and bump stops often need changing on the Civic- bit of a weak point.

Tracking is just to straighten your wheels back up afterwards, definitely needed once drop links are changed :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Cant see any reason why tracking would need doing after changing drop links, as nothing related to tracking adjustment is touched, its about 1/2 to an hour job depending if the thread is corroded, easy DIY.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all for replies .

and what about bump stops ? is it easy to change and is tracking needed for that ?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
no tracking needed.. about an hours graft.. easier if you gpt a ramp but can do it on jacks if like... theres a how to on here

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
If it's a clicking noise then it's most probably the subframe which needs cleaning and regreasing. Do a search, it's a common fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts