2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there a way to start the climate control with the same setting when switched off when not using Auto mode?

thanks
sandro

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yes, just push the a/c button, but the a/c is on. You nee to push the button again if you want the a/c off. The fan runs at the last speed set but the indicator doesnt show until you alter the fan speed. The air distribution and temperature remain the same and the indicators are on.

Thanks for asking the question as I've now found an easier way to use manual heating. Just hope I've interpreted your question correctly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply! I came to the same conclusion as yours ...... which i do not like. I think if the 'off' button was an 'on/off' button it would be better.

I think the best think to do is to do not switch the A/C off when turning off the car, but i am not sure if this makes damage to the A/C.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It shouldn't damage the a/c, after all its standard practice on cars without climate control, as long as you give it a 10 minutes run once a week.

Must agree manual heating requires to many operations on controls that are not locacated in a very convenient position. However I still use manual control in very cold (UK) weather as I prefer it to auto control.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm ..... and are you aware if when on Auto mode, the A/C unit will be switched on the heat the car? Cause I think that that heat is generated from the engine not the A/C and if the A/C unit is switched on it will increase fuel consumption .... right? (i.e. heating is generated from engine heat and fan)

·
Registered
353 Posts
There is a heater matrix (radiator) in the heater unit under the dash. When heating is demanded hot engine coolant flows through the matrix to heat the air passing over it. The heated air then comes out of the outlets. When auto is used the a/c is on to dry the air, but I find that it also cools the air slightly so if I am using auto control I ususally turn the a/c off.

I find that have the a/c on all the time reduces fuel consumption by about 1-2 mpg. Other forum users disagree with this so it might only occur with the 1.4 engine.

As before if you turn the a/c off run for about 10 minutes once a week to revent the seals drying out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts