2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope someone can help. My factory fitted radio has decided it’s had enough and stopped working. I wanted to know if I replace with a aftermarket head unit and bought the required adapters would my climate control display still work? My built in satnav I know won’t work as the control is built into the head unit.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I think I read you need to replace the clock display with non sat nav model

I’m sure someone with much more knowledge will confirm this
But you might find it easier to replace the std head unit with the same model assuming they are interchangeable as well

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
speaking to someone on here a while back apparently is a way of doing it just having figured out how yet as he ain't been online in some time.
my civic has the built in sat nav with the clock at the wide I changed the basic CD player with a double din and now I get the clips to come undone on the Sat nav and clock display proving to be a bit of a cow to do it and as I can't unplug it, it stays on and when I have the key in just enough to play music unit having 3 displays running kills my battery fairly quickly.
I was thinking about taking it out fully and installing a basic full length clock but I got told about some adapters that you can get that plug into certain double din units to enable you to control the Sat nav/clock/ digital c/c display
I'm going to keep digging got to be a answer on here somewhere

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone the parts code for a suitable clock that will work with the connects2? having trouble locating one on ebay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts