2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Another strange climate control issue to run past you. It seems quite a few people are having climate related issues at the moment.

Anyway, on a cool day, I don't have any issues. The engine gets warm and the internal temperature adjusts as I set the gauge. But, on a warm day (like today), no matter what I set the internal gauge to, it makes no difference to the temperature. I can put it on 28 and it will still be blowing cool air in, not cold or hot. The only exception is if I put it on Hi, then it it will heat up, nothing in between.

A friend re gassed my air con as that needed doing and I wanted to rule that possibility out. My guess is one of the 3 temperature sensors or the thermostat.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Cheers

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran them too and no issues found.

The symptoms only happen when the outside temperature is warm, that's what I find odd.

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
With the internal cabin fan running, place a small piece of paper again the vent at the side of your steering wheel. Does the paper stay put or fall to the floor?

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Think this isn't issue but normal if outside temperature is about 26 inside will be even more so aircon is cooling car and on HI it switches to heat if interior temperature is lower. Try this to set it on HI if ouside temperature is about 29-31 and you'll see that it wonw heat but only cool. Try at home your ac and will be the same. I maybe wrong.

Whats the point to heat in car on warm day?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My temperature doesn't change at all though. It should get warm when I put the heat on and it should get cold when I set it to 16. Mine just says cool, not hot or cold.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Interestingly I have found mine works normally at night. It only really blows cold unless temp put on high when it's sunny outside. Then even with temp adjustments it goes from ice cold to cold and only blows warm air if on high.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts