2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 2011 1.8 FK2 (left hand drive) with less than 40,000 km on the clock.

Two days ago, during a very long trip on a highway through Hungary, the heater and demister suddenly stopped working. We almost got killed because we had to continuously wipe the windscreen from inside with some paper and a cotton cloth every 3 seconds in order to demist it. It was horrible, the temp was -2 degrees Celsius and the heater stopped working as well. We could hear the compressor working, but no air was coming out of the vents.We reached home somehow.

Today I decided to check the A/C again.To my big surprise, everything seems to work fine now. Both the heater and demister work with no problems.

What might be the problem here and how do I prevent this issue from happening again?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is that everything appears to work well now, but I am scared the problem may come back again when least expected, especially now when everything is covered in snow over here.

The dealer will probably test it and return the car back when he discovers that everything works fine.

By the way, can this behaviour be a sign of the known Omron relay fault?

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,023 Posts
AC relay faulty wont stop the heater from working. It just stops the compressor engaging.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,023 Posts
I'd say it could be a faulty heater/blower motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts