2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
For the last year I've been having the issue where the A/C is blowing but nothing comes out of the vents. Has happened a few times over the year for a day or so then it's fine.
A few weeks ago it happened and when it started working again the temperature reader for the climate control has gone funny.

As we know the climate control screen should read; low, 16,17,18 etc.
For some reason mine now reads; 15, low, 17,18 etc.

Do any of you clever folks have a fix for this at all?

It's baffled me as it's never happened before!

Cheers folks

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
+1, I was about to post a thread about this.

Mine has also suddenly started displaying 15, 16, Lo, 17, 18, 19 through to 'Hi'

I imagine this is something that can be fixed within the diagnostics? help would be appreciated! :)

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad I'm not the only one whose car has this!

Bloody pain in the ass, hopefully someone on here knows something?
Honda's quote to look at it is alot of ££££ :(

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I had exactly the same error when I had my 8G. I had the double din conversion with the special connectors. The fault only appeared when I did a aircon diagnostics, following the procedure described somewhere on this forum. The only thing that helped was a 'hard reset': I had to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes. This worked for me. When I repeated the aircon diagnostics the fault reappeared.

I'm not completely sure if the two are linked, but it my case it seemed so.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for that Eek.
I'll try disconnecting the battery and see if that helps!
I have a double din with the connects 2 (which is what I assume you mean by special connectors) so it could be linked!
Cheers buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Cheers for that Eek.
I'll try disconnecting the battery and see if that helps!
I have a double din with the connects 2 (which is what I assume you mean by special connectors) so it could be linked!
Cheers buddy

The Connects2 was indeed what I was referring to .

·
CTR
538 Posts
Mine is doing the same since i had the air con recharged, will take the advice given and disconnect the battery, hopefully this clears mine also :)

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eek you're a gent, it worked, I left mine for 30 mins or so as the car was in the garage and it started hammering down lol
I tried the air con diagnostic and had the same thing you had and the air con started acting up! Battery reset and once again everything is back to normal!
Cheers for the help and advice bud!

Best thing about this forum is there is always someone willing to help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts